[Solved] Suspended: Metals

sofija

Our antivirus scanner shows

/home1/metals/public_html/iloveheavymetal.tk/wp-admin/images/libworker.so: Unix.Trojan.Roopre FOUND

and I found

/home1/metals/public_html/iloveheavymetal.tk/wp-content/themes/designzmagilhm22/help.php

which looks like malware to me. You should probably delete your whole site, reinstall, and restore your content from a backup.

I have unsuspended your cpanel, but left your site on the suspended page. This way you can log in and clean everything up without the hackers being able to connect to their malware files to send spam through your account. Let us know when you're done cleaning everything up.

i have removed the both files but i waned to log with filezilla download my theme and i was unable to do that so i changed the ftp pass and something go wrong and i cant log into my cpanel, i tried with recovery it gives me new pass but i cant log in

thank you so much, and yes i have a question how to protect my site from spamers and did i got this trojan with the plugin, how to scan my site so this will not happen again... Thank you again for your help and for your time ...

Sorry i cant log in again i got this message:

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Hide details

Google Chrome could not load the webpage because stevie.heliohost.org took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.

Search on Google

Usually too many connections is caused by heavy FTP use. Seeing you were fixing your site, that 76 connections would not be unreasonable since FTP clients often open more than one at a time. The connections go away on their own when your PC disconnects. You should be good now that Krydos unblocked you.

Only use themes and extensions you made or that come from reputable sites like WordPress's own library. Many of those dubious "free themes" sites are full of malware-infected themes and extensions. Update regularly. Also, disable any functions that might send an email (such as account activation, new comment notifications, etc.), as a bot might abuse the related function and result in a ton of emails being sent, which then gets you suspended. If you don't need it, disable comments and registrations entirely.

For antivirus, download your public_html folder once in a while (there's an option in cPanel backups for it), unzip the download, and scan with a normal antivirus program. We use ClamAV on our servers, they there's a portable version for Windows (http://portableapps.com/apps/security/clamwin_portable) that uses the same scanner.

WordPress malware causes a large chunk of the spam/malware suspensions we give out.