[Solved] Database Problem

waigy

I had "error establishing database" for a few days.

I managed to get it working again using help that I found in this forum by deleting my database username and creating a new user.

But during my time trying to sort the problem I went into phpmyadmin and imported an sql file which seemed to sort some errors, but it's an old sql file so the blog is now outdated.

I have newer backups as xml files and also have backups of my whole site by ftp which includes the whole blog folder.

What's the best way to get the latest blog back?

With the backups you have, I'm not sure you can. Ive never heard of XML database backups. The blog folder files don't hold any data, so restoring them won't help.

Did the issue happen when the server was fixed a while back? If so, krydos can restore the version you had immediately prior to the repair. If this is the case, please post your account name and the name of the broken database.

The database waigy_blog should now be visible to your root mysql account. You may need to delete, recreate, and reassign permissions to any database users that should have access to the affected database. If phpmyadmin doesn't log in properly or you don't see the database there change your account password and this should sync up the mysql/cpanel passwords. Let us know if you're still having any issues accessing your data.

• Like 1

Thanks! As a free service we don't have an advertising budget because we would rather invest all of the money that we do have into providing better service and improving the servers so we really appreciate the word of mouth recommendations that our satisfied users provide. Feel free to post about us on social media like twitter, facebook, hosting review sites, your personal websites or blogs, and anything else you can think of. As long as we have clients using our service Heliohost will continue to exist.

• Like 1