Suspension, Login Issues And Continuing Backup Failures

Cori

Greetings -

My account was recently suspended because Stevie started refusing my login credentials even though they had not changed. Despite numerous requests for a password reset, they were completely ignored, which made it impossible for me to access my account.

If password requests were simply automated, therefore not requiring a live person to do anything, this could have been completely avoided.

Shortly thereafter, my Softaculous backups began failing and are still failing, and I have been unable to access my WordPress dashboard at all.

After Stevie was fixed, my login issues seem to have righted themselves, and I don't appear to have any loss of actual data, but my backups are still failing, my /wp and /wp-admin databases appear to have gone missing, and my dashboard is still inaccessible as well. Any ideas?

In an unrelated issue, I have been unable to install - or even access the data to install - the templates I wanted to use in Wordpress. Are WP templates restricted in heliohost?

For the record, the above posted without my ever clicking "post," which was surprising to say the least. Definitely still a few glitches in the site.

My account was recently suspended because Stevie started refusing my login credentials even though they had not changed. Despite numerous requests for a password reset, they were completely ignored, which made it impossible for me to access my account.

If password requests were simply automated, therefore not requiring a live person to do anything, this could have been completely avoided.

They are completely automated. What's funny is the human-based resets actually work better here because of how our automated emails are handled by mail providers. A small number of services (GMX.de, Comcast, and a few others) won't accept email from us at all (it's just deleted without being delivered). Many others put our emails in spam. Odds are this is what happened. Use a gmail account for best results with our emails.

If you wish, I can manually email a new password to the address on file for your account. Please let me know what your account name is if you wish to do this.

Shortly thereafter, my Softaculous backups began failing and are still failing, and I have been unable to access my WordPress dashboard at all.

After Stevie was fixed, my login issues seem to have righted themselves, and I don't appear to have any loss of actual data, but my backups are still failing, my /wp and /wp-admin databases appear to have gone missing, and my dashboard is still inaccessible as well. Any ideas?

Those aren't databases, they're the folders containing the actual WordPress software. Nothing related to WordPress will work with those missing since the software is pretty much entirely gone. The backups are failing because you cannot back up something that doesn't exist.

As for why they're missing, Softaculous likely deleted them and failed to install them again during an update. You need to reinstall WordPress to get those folders back.

In an unrelated issue, I have been unable to install - or even access the data to install - the templates I wanted to use in Wordpress. Are WP templates restricted in heliohost?

We don't block anything. You can't install it because WordPress itself is missing based on what you described. Also, be aware that WordPress themes and extensions are one of the easiest ways to get suspended because they often lead to hacked accounts.

I personally recommend you don't use WordPress at all because of the security issues it poses, but if you do, keep everything updated and only install components from reputable websites (no random "free themes" sites or the like, those themes are often disguised backdoors that promptly get you hacked, which can be followed by a suspension for malware/spam/phishing/other abuse depending on what the hacker does).

For the record, the above posted without my ever clicking "post," which was surprising to say the least. Definitely still a few glitches in the site.

Does this to me sometimes as well. The forum acts weird because the server is bogged down.