[Solved] Still (Kind Of) Inaccesible Database On Stevie

huulie

Previous problem in topic: http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/22526-inaccessible-database-on-stevie/

Username: huulie_systeem

Database: huulie_MUSICONLINEdevriendschap

First of all: thank you for your fast response!

I've changed my user password and deleted/recreated the user (huulie_systeem) that needed access to the database..

and hooray: phpMyAdmin is logging in using both my user and the huulie_systeem account.

However, neither of the two accounts is able to view any database-content.

Every attempt to open a table (e.g. "gastenboek") returns: "#1146 - Table 'huulie_MUSICONLINEdevriendschap.gastenboek' doesn't exist"

I don't know yet to what extend I'm able to access the database using a PHP-script,

as my website displays some errors (probably a result of not fetching the right results from the database-query)

Thanks to you (moderator and admin) for your help so far, and I hope this error concerning "non-existing tables" can be solved as well

Sorry: I don't know for sure, as I used the default option.

The only table I can open and view the engine is "whc": that table is using MyISAM

The other tables, including 'huulie_MUSICONLINEdevriendschap.gastenboek, used the default settings (at the time I created them)

I don't know if this is also MyISAM (or InnoDB, or another option), and I can't open the Operations page of this tables to check which engine they use.

EDIT: if I expand the table using the +-sign, I am able to view the columns of the table.

If I select one of these columns and check the Operations tab, it says "MyISAM"

It looks like gastenboek and the other broken tables haven't been changed since April 2012. Do you have a backup since then?

EDIT:

I just answered my own question. Sitting in your /home1/huulie home directory you have a full backup from July 2012. Try deleting that whole database, and restoring it from the .sql file backup. Let us know if you need assistance with this or further instruction on how to go about it.

I suspect that your tables that don't work were using the InnoDB engine and since InnoDB was broken for so long my script isn't working to make them visible again to you. Since your backup is three months after the last change to those tables there should be no data loss.

It looks like gastenboek and the other broken tables haven't been changed since April 2012. Do you have a backup since then? EDIT: I just answered my own question. Sitting in your /home1/huulie home directory you have a full backup from July 2012. Try deleting that whole database, and restoring it from the .sql file backup. Let us know if you need assistance with this or further instruction on how to go about it. I suspect that your tables that don't work were using the InnoDB engine and since InnoDB was broken for so long my script isn't working to make them visible again to you. Since your backup is three months after the last change to those tables there should be no data loss.

Didn't think about that backup, I supposed it should have been outdated but didn't think of the users of my site only viewing (and not editing) the database-content since then.

I've found the .sql file in my back up, and tried to upload it using "Import".

However, I got this error message:

"SQL-query:

--

-- Table structure for table `concerten`

--

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `concerten`;

MySQL meldt:

#1046 - No database selected "

Am I doing something wrong?

Try deleting that whole database, and restoring it from the .sql file backup.
Did you delete the database first and recreate it?

Whoops, forgot to first recreate the database

Should I change the database engine (to something else than InnoDB)?

We always recommended Myisam because it's more stable and less prone to crashing and less prone to corruption, but you can use whatever you want. If you need some features that are specific to InnoDB that aren't available on Myisam then you don't have a choice. If your tables are already using InnoDB from the backup it's not that big of a deal to leave then that way for simplicity.

We always recommended Myisam because it's more stable and less prone to crashing and less prone to corruption, but you can use whatever you want. If you need some features that are specific to InnoDB that aren't available on Myisam then you don't have a choice. If your tables are already using InnoDB from the backup it's not that big of a deal to leave then that way for simplicity.

Is it as simple as just changing the option in the Operations tab of the table?

Thanks! As a free service we don't have an advertising budget because we would rather invest all of the money that we do have into providing better service and improving the servers so we really appreciate the word of mouth recommendations that our satisfied users provide. Feel free to post about us on social media like twitter, facebook, hosting review sites, your personal websites or blogs, and anything else you can think of. As long as we have clients using our service Heliohost will continue to exist.