[Solved] Having Issues With Database Engine

Max12

By default my website Installs database to MyISAM, but I want my website to use InnoDB. I followed HelioHost post to convert your database engine, but unfortunately Its not working for me.While changing the MyISAM text in database to InnoDB I tried to import it, I get timeout or database too big error,

I have tried both the methods to upload my database PHPmyadmin and Cpanel, but eventually even after that It doesn't work. I have also tried importing via Cpanel but still it doesnt and corrupts my website.

Maybe someone could tell me how I could change from MyISAM to InnoDB.

I am in Johhny server,

Thanks.

We actually recommend myisam here for stability reasons. We've had issues with innodb databases going corrupt and breaking the servers. We just recently fixed Johnny. For Stevie users, innodb is broken and thus not supported.

On Johnny though, it should work. Have you tried importing part of it at a time or importing an empty structure without data?

Maybe check out http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1814532/1071-specified-key-was-too-long-max-key-length-is-767-bytes

767 bytes is the stated prefix limitation for InnoDB tables - its 1,000 bytes long for MyISAM tables.

According to the response to this issue, you can get the key to apply by specifying a subset of the column rather than the entire amount. IE:

ALTER TABLE `mytable` ADD UNIQUE ( column1(15), column2(200) );

Tweak as you need to get the key to apply, but I wonder if it would be worth it to review your data model regarding this entity to see if there's improvements that would allow you to implement the intended business rules without hitting the MySQL limitation.

It may be able for you to fix this yourself. Let us know.

• 2 weeks later...

I moved to Stevie server now, had a lot of problems importing the database in Johnny, anyway there seems to be a new problem now. So when I try to login to my website I simply can't log in and my website shows a strange Error , I get two errors,

The First error is:

<?php exit; ?>

Fri, 21 Aug 2015 11:08:05 +0000 (Severity: 2)

162.158.90.254 - https://foreignofficers.tk/

IPS\Db\Exception

2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

#0 /home1/fohost/public_html/system/Data/Cache.php(109): IPS\_Db::i()

#1 /home1/fohost/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(310): IPS\Data\_Cache->getWithExpire('page_6666cd76f9...', true)

#2 /home1/fohost/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(55): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->checkCached()

#3 /home1/fohost/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(86): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->init()

#4 /home1/fohost/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()

#5 {main}

------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the Second Error:

<?php exit; ?>

Fri, 21 Aug 2015 11:08:05 +0000 (Severity: 0)

162.158.90.254 - https://foreignofficers.tk/

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

| File | Function | Line No. |

|----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|

| /system/Db/Db.php | [iPS\Db\_Exception].__construct | 121 |

'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

| /system/Data/Cache.php | [iPS\_Db].i | 109 |

'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

| /system/Dispatcher/Front.php | [iPS\Data\_Cache].getWithExpire | 310 |

| /system/Dispatcher/Front.php | [iPS\Dispatcher\_Front].checkCached | 55 |

| /system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php | [iPS\Dispatcher\_Front].init | 86 |

| /index.php | [iPS\_Dispatcher].i | 13 |

------------------------------------------------------------------------

and I would like my two old database along with the user to be dropped (username and database name is same)

fohost_chester

fohost_jika

Thanks a lot

• 2 weeks later...