[Solved] Suspended: Vav

vav

Hello,

My website has been suspended recently (not due to inactivity):

http://vavmusic.com

I suspect that the reasoning behind admin's decision to do this is the fact that I had posted "copyright protected" music. However, if that was the case, his reasoning would have been wrong - all the material that I have posted were my own original songs, written by my band, so I obviously had the rights to upload the music. In this situation, I would like to ask for someone to unsuspend my account.

If my assumption is wrong and this is not why the suspension occured, I would like to receive some additional details from an administrator - I find it very weird that I have received absolutely no email regarding the suspension, and thus I have been given no

official explanation.

Thanks,

Alex

You were suspended for CryptPHP. This is an especially damaging malware infection that usually arrives by being included with "free" themes and extensions for Joomla and WordPress. These extensions usually come from dubious websites.

Because of the damage this malware causes (primarily in the form getting our email server blacklisted), we do not unsuspend these accounts. However, an administrator may be able to send you a backup and empty the files on your account so you can set up a new website.

I personally do not recommend WordPress/Joomla/(other popular free CMSes) due to their susceptibility to malware, however if you choose to use one, avoid downloading themes and plugins from random websites and keep all components updated.

This support request is being escalated to our root admin.

Cryptophp has been wreaking havoc on our servers and very negatively affecting thousands of users. I can't just unsuspend your account.

What I can do is provide you with a full backup of your data, which will include the malware files, wipe your account clean, and unsuspend the mostly empty account. Your databases, mail accounts, domains, etc will all still exist, but your files will all be deleted to ensure the infection is gone. I suggest you read http://blog.fox-it.com/2014/11/18/cryptophp-analysis-of-a-hidden-threat-inside-popular-content-management-systems/ and other information about keeping your site malware free to arm yourself with the knowledge of how to prevent this from happening again. This will be your only chance, and if your site ends up getting suspended again for cryptophp it will be a permanent suspension with no chance of recovery.

Would you like to proceed?

Hi, thank you for offering me this solution; yes, I would like to proceed. This has been a website that I've neglected for long, and thus I had unupdated plugins and themes, but now I'm reviving the project and I will do my best to make sure my website will not be affected by malware again.

• 2 weeks later...

A link to your full site backup (including malware files) has been emailed to your hosting account contact email address. Your site files have been deleted. Your account, vav, has been unsuspended. Remember if you get a cryptophp infection again your account will be permanently suspended. Let us know if you need any further assistance.