[Solved] Stuck In Limbo?

bkyard

So how long do I have to wait for my site to appear up and running? I've been getting the message that it'll take 24 hours for about a week now. Did I miss something?

domain: orangecurtain.heliohost.org

username: bkyard

Yes, that's what other threads suggested, and I tried from doing so, and from multiple machines - Chrome is quite vague on what constitutes clearing the cache, and there is no "Empty the cache" checkbox as your wiki suggests. I've cleared everything from the beginning of time, but it still doesn't show. However, my iOS device can see it.

Anyway, thanks.

Bono's message is what should be appearing. Interestingly, Chrome for iOS does have a simple "Clear the Cache" option which worked just fine. However, for Windows, the box just says "Cached images and files" and doesn't change anything.

Well, I'm trying at work right now and clearing the cache still does not work, including for Firefox as seen here. Maybe it's a Windows issue?

I had a hunch that connecting through my office's VPN would get it to show up, and it did. It's just unfortunate that I have to resort to that. I've read that ISPs can store their own cache, maybe that's what's happening?

Press Ctrl+SHIFT+Del while in firefox (or open the menu and select "History", then "Clear recent history"). Select "Everything", then check "Cache", "Cookies", and "Offline website data", and hit clear now.

Also, are you seeing the queued page or that timeout error? If it's that timeout in the screenshot you posted, it's not a cache issue.

If you see the queued page and clearing cache as above doesn't fix it, it's likely your ISP, especially since the same computer on a different ISP (your company's in this case) works fine.

No, predictably, clearing the cache with the Ctrl+Shift+Del method didn't work either, but I think you're right - it's not the cache at all. All I've ever gotten when accessing from Windows was a timeout error, so that is an interesting observation.

I only got the queued page when accessing from iOS. Explains why clearing the cache worked from there.

Glad we've identified the problem - I extend my thanks to your mod team.

Are the iOS device and windows PC on the same network?

If not, the cause may actually be our firewall blocking your IP address (we'd just need to unblock you). Does cpanel work in windows if you log in through the bottom of heliohost.org?

What happens if the VPN is turned off for the iOS device?

If the issue occurs on iOS without the VPN, then your network or ISP is the problem. If it does not occur, your PC is the cause.

Our firewall is unlikely to be the issue since you can use cPanel. Firewall issues usually appear as all sites and cPanel on a single server being down for you.

Yeah when the VPN is off, I get nothing, it times out just like the PC. I'm working and living abroad (hence VPNs) for the time being so I doubt I'll have this trouble when I return home at the end of August.

I just realized you're in China based on the IP you posted with. Stevie's shared IP is blocked in China by the government.

You can request to have your site moved to a China-accessible IP if you want, or since you are only there until end of August, you can just do what you are currently doing...use a VPN to access the server.