[Solved] Not Able To Log In After Recent Hosting Sign Up

10techieseek

Hi HelioNet,

I signed up to hosting last Thursday at about 8:20am GMT (12:20 US) and at this time of writing unable to log in.

The login is being attempted from the Heliohost.org home page and the error message displayed is "We're Sorry, but we could not find that username in the database". It's been more than 48 hours since sign up.

cpanel username: 10logbud

domain: softwhiz.co.uk

server: stevie

Thank you.

I'm not seeing your username or domain name in our database. Try registering again and make sure to check your email later for another email saying that something went wrong.

Hi HelioNet Community,

Just to tell you, this maybe one of the reason. The username's are case-sensitive. This might be the reason that you are not able to login.

The username is in all lowercase letters and that's what I'm typing in the username box of the login.

Have you updated you ns name to heliohost

Yes, this was done immediately after Helihost registration. At my Domain Registrar the domain softwhiz.co.uk now points to the following nameservers:

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

I'm not seeing your username or domain name in our database. Try registering again and make sure to check your email later for another email saying that something went wrong.

After Thursday's registration I didn't receive any email messages from Heliohost saying that something went wrong. I will try to register again tomorrow just after 8:00am GMT (12:00 US). If you don't hear from me again in this topic next week than you can assume login is fine.

I tried to register the Heliohost account again this morning at 8:00am GMT with the same username (10logbud) and received the following message after clicking Create Account:

Create Stevie Account

!

"Congratulations! Your account has been added to the creation queue. You should be able to login at softwhiz.co.uk/cpanel within 24 hours. Please note, however, that because account creation is daemonized it may take up to 48 hours before your site is up on the web."

I then received the emails "Hosting Account Installed!" followed by "HelioHost Account Error". The second email contains the following message:

"Dear 10logbud,

Your hosting account at HelioHost has encountered an error during installation. The error is:

Sorry you must provide a valid username..."

The account error message also stated that I should try again. I tried again with the new username of logica10 and have not received an Account Error message. Apparently, the HelioHost Hosting System does not like certain types of usernames?

I will try to log into cpanel after 24 hours. If you don't hear from me again in this topic than you can assume login is fine.