Upgrade Phpmyadmin

paladox2014

As yashrs said, you can run your own copy if you prefer a different version. Database server is localhost, use your cpanel credentials as the username and password.

As for the 4.1+ PMA versions in general, I actually don't like them. 4.0 was OK although not great, and then it became very bloated when everything in it started using AJAX. 3.x has an option to disable all that javascript junk and have a traditional post-back-based application...I much prefer it over AJAX any day. They removed that option in v4 for some reason.

Also, please stop asking us to upgrade things. We're aware of the newer versions. So far, you've asked us to upgrade mysql, php, apache, and phpmyadmin. While the concern about old versions is appreciated, we're using them for many reasons, the biggest of which is because some programs are not backwards compatible (PHP 5.5 is a good example), and upgrading requires time to make sure things won't break and to fix the things that do.

If you like newer versions, you should consider Johnny since that's where new stuff will usually appear first when we get it. All of them are somewhat newer over there now, although by rather minor versions.

You install it like any other application. It needs a folder inside of public_html so you can access it from the web. After that, follow the instructions it comes with to configure it.

I'd also recommend password protecting that folder in cpanel.

if you can install phpmyadmin can we install php

hi it seems the 4.1 update doesent show the database that crashes halve way through deleting it. it seem to show my database pt and en but shows pt-br cpanel but not through the one i installed through my website. I am not sure if upgrading would fix the crashing business. but it seems to work for me.