[Inactive] Calling A Varient On Port 40088

To175

Hi, I need to use JSONAPI for my minecraft server. I want to user varients of my server for my site !

I use the port 40088 on my server.

I use this code to connect to my server :

<?php
require 'JSONAPI.php';
$api = new JSONAPI("88.191.242.16", 40088, "to175", "password", "salt");
var_dump($api->call("getPlayerLimit"));
?>

But I see on the page : "NULL"

The minecraft hoster said that it can have for origine my site, because of the port which cannot be open?

So why I see NULL on my page? I can't use 40088 ?

Thanks

Can you reconfigure your game server to use port 51990, and alter that code to do the same? 51990 should be open outbound on Stevie for Minecraft server communication. I run a server myself (although it could really use some help and players) and requested it for the same reason.

If you use the same port number as me, we shouldn't need to open anything else (we frown upon opening ports unless absolutely necessary).

The odds of getting 1 port open are low, so i wouldn't count on getting 3 of them open.

As for changing ports, it sounds like you're on a game host. They often won't change the port for you since everyone they host probably uses the same one. I run my own game servers instead of having them hosted, hence my original suggestions.

Hi, thanks you very much for your answer and to spend so much time for us !

I have a minecraft server : 3 years paid ! So I am making a support website (http://sciences.webfrag.tk/minecraft)

That is why I need to interact site/server. There is a plugin called JSONAPI and it need 3 ports, consecutive ports.

My minecraft host can't open other ports than : 1 88.191.242.16 40086

2 88.191.242.16 40087

3 88.191.242.16 40088

4 88.191.242.16 40089

5 88.191.242.16 40090

So if you can open 40086 or 40086 or 40088 and the 2 ports following (3 in all) it will be great :)

Thanks you

If I read this correctly, you have a setup like this:

[Heliohost]
- Hosts JSONAPI.php for your website

[Minecraft Server]
-host JSONAPI.jar (On ports 40088->40090)

If that is correct, then those port don#39;t need to be open on Heliohost side, but on your minecraft host side.

Your application on Heliohost will randomly select an available port to communicate with the other side (which usesports 40088->40090).

Those ports are blocked outbound on heliohost, so his application here would never reach the minecraft server regardless of the port number it selects. I had this issue myself with a different minecraft API, and the only thing that fixed it was opening a port (in my case 51990) for me...

What do you need three ports for?
Since you didn't really answer this question I'll ask it in a different way. Why can't you just use one port?

I need 3 because the autors of the plugin said that JSONAPI takes the "first" port and the 2 other ports following...

I'm a little afraid because the moderators said I can't have those ports ? :(/&--#62;

There are plenty of minecraft server plugins out there that can monitor and admin a server over the web, and most only require one port. As a minecraft server owner myself, you are using one of the only plugins with such an excessive port requirement.

Your best bet is to do away with JSONAPI and find a plugin that only needs 1 port (which is more likely to be granted).