[Solved] Regarding External Ip Connection And Mysql Stuff

Dragonster82

Hello there people of HH, I have a question that I wish to ask.

First of all, I have a GMOD server that is running an automated donation plugin, so I will need MYSQL to work. I have bought a plugin that will help me setup the stuff etc etc, then all I need to do is place the mySQL ip and stuff inside and its done. However, I have no idea why but access is always denied with ( Password YES ) . Eventually my IP got blocked from it, so I will need somebody to help me flush-hosts for me.

So, here's two things that I need to know:

How do I get my gmod server to connect to the IP without getting denied?

Can somebody flush-hosts for me using root? Can I have the privilege of doing that myself?

My username is Dragons , I can't seem to login in cPanel now either.

The mysql hosts on Johnny have been flushed, so that should be working for you now. No you cannot do it yourself, but as long as you don't have a lot of errors you shouldn't get blocked in the first place. Have you enabled remote mysql access to the IP of wherever your gmod server is located? Since you logged in less than three hours ago I'm going to assume you are not having that issue anymore. Most likely you used the wrong password too many times and brute force protection locked you out for a time period.

Go to this page: http://johnny.heliohost.org:2082/frontend/x3/sql/managehost.html

Put a % in the field and click "Add Host". That will allow connections from any IP address. Normally I wouldn't recommend doing this for security reasons, but since your IP is dynamic, having to frequently change it in cPanel will probably get annoying.