[Solved] Sugarcrm With Soft Softaculous Show 404

marcelom

We used to leave threads open and unsolved until the user posted that it was fixed and it resulted in a very messy forum with a large percentage of threads with an unknown status. I merged the identical threads, and it is currently not marked as solved.

On other boards I provide tech support on, we're actually told explicitly to do exactly what you said didn't work, hence my comment. We'd often get users who'd check their topic once every 2 weeks, only to find it locked and make a duplicate.

Anyone have any other ideas why this wouldn't be working? 768M memory is a ridiculously large amount already. I installed sugarcrm with softaculous on my Johnny test account and it works fine for me: http://krydos1.heliohost.org/sugar

For me, that test install shows a 500 error more often than not. I had to refresh it 4 times to get it to load normally. I'm wondering if sugarcrm is just sensitive to being impacted by load or something.

Also, I saw a guide recommend setting max_execution_time and max_input_time to 300, but that seems a bit excessive (and probably abusable).

I had to refresh it 4 times to get it to load normally. I'm wondering if sugarcrm is just sensitive to being impacted by load or something.

PHP in general on Johnny is sensitive to load. A ridiculously bloated cms that requires a whopping 800 MB of memory is going to be even more sensitive to load. This might be the best we can expect from sugarcms on Johnny. It's actually kind of ironic too because the higher we set the memory limit the more unstable Johnny becomes so "you're 500ed if you do 500ed if you don't" so to speak. Maybe I'm just trying it when load is low or something, but I've only gotten one 500 error from my link out of maybe 20 clicks.

Well, Johnny has almost crashed twice since I increased the php memory limit, and it did crash once resulting in about nine hours of downtime. So I changed the memory limit back down to a reasonable level.

I would recommend using a cms that isn't so bloated and doesn't require so much memory. Perhaps you can talk to the sugarcrm developers and see if they have a light version of the software that isn't so resource intensive. Another option would be a dedicated server where you don't have to share memory with other users.