Image Sharing Software

MikeSS

Hello there,

I am the CEO of the new starting Software Provider: SpeedoSoftwares (.tk)

I am currently working on a kind of Image Sharing Software/Script which doesn't work like the known image sharing providers(tinypic - imgur -imageshack etc.etc.)

all those sharing providers work arround with saving the file to their disk but I've got something better and more secure than this way and it's probably going to be free.

This Image Sharing Software is saving the actual image(s) to the database! (mysql)

This takes less server resources than the normal scripts use because it reacts the same as forum software.

so I can guarantee you that it will not be banned off by it's server resources

which kind of features do it have?:

for now it has:

Share(Upload) Image

Search Image

Get Image information

Show recently uploaded images

Like an image (very hot feature)

Editable settings(Max upload size - max shown likes - max image preview height and widht)

Show the uploaded images in the under right corner

Show the copyright as for 2013: © 2013 {site} ,All Rights Reserved.

Show the copyright as for others: © 2013 - {current year} {site} ,All Rights Reserved

the software comes with an protected installer (after the installation is done there will be a lock file to keep it locked)

planning to make:

Terms of Service Page (editable)

Register Page

Login Page

Member sharing

Member Control Panel (email change - password change - see uploaded images - delete an image - and maybe even more)

Member Commenting

Moderation Panel (Setable usergroups for members - for example:(usergroup 1 = Member - usergroup 2 = moderator) - remove an image - edit member information - remove all images - and maybe even more)

As of for now there are none SQL Injections found in the total software.

Share your suggestions or feedbacks from this text!

Let you be heard on nice features or what you'd like to see!

We are open for it!!!

Regards,

MikeSS (SpeedoSoftwares)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No, seriously. Have you made any research regarding the matter?

Have you made a Google Search on storing images in database?

Do you know how many times this question has been asked in StackOverflow?

And how almost all of the accepted answer is against storing images in database?

If you do realize this, and still wish to proceed, then by all means, go ahead.

the images will be on uploading put into the database (mysql database save as BLOB) in-fact I don't see why you guys see some trouble...

Kangtomo and lancersupraskyline are trying to point out that storing the images in the database is the worst possible way to do it. As a developer myself, I fully agree with them. Binary files do not belong in databases.

I would recommend taking the images out of the database and just saving them as files. There's no advantage to putting them in the database, and in fact it actually decreasesthe performance of your application. It also makes your application use more server resources, and databases with BLOBs are more difficult to back up as well (often due to size, but I've seen cases where the .sql file doesn't store the BLOB correctly when the DB is exported).

The reason they both keep saying to research is because researching would have found numerous other people saying not to do this, such as those linked in lancesupraskyline's post above.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...