[Solved] Suspended: Chuck

chuck

I have an account on Johnny with the domain name chuck.heliohost.org that I've been working on for a couple of months. For some reason I can't log on via cpanel or FTP today. I didn't receive any e-mail about this and the status for Johnny looks OK. Everything was working OK yesterday. Am I missing something?

Your account was suspended for high server load and that's why you were not able to login.

Ok I've unsuspended your account but please keep the server load down. If you account is suspended two more times for the same reason you'll loose your account.

Thanks for the quick response. The issue was unintentional. I've been debugging CGI scripts and despite off-line debugging using Eclipse with the Perl/epic extension, some bugs have gotten through to the version I uploaded. Is there a way I can see what my server load is prior to it becoming an issue? I suspect some processes got away from me. Can I see what I've got running at any point and kill any that should not be running?

If you think your scripts are going haywire you can always set up a cron for a minute or two in the future with contents of

killall -u chuck

That will stop any runaway scripts from overloading the server. Keep in mind that you're only allowed 2 cron jobs per day, and if you run more than 2 your account will get suspended. There isn't really any good ways to see what is currently running. You can always post on the forums and ask for assistance though.

That should be fine. Cron jobs are when you visit the cron section of cpanel and schedule a script or command to run at a certain time. Cgi can run as many times a day as you wish, and the only limit is how much load your account is causing.