[Solved] Stevie Blocking My Ip.

GLaDOS

I've been seeing a lot of these lately...firewall on Stevie is paranoid nowadays. If I remember right, it used to unblock you automatically after 20 minutes, but it was apparently changed and now seems like overkill. FTP is what seems to always get legitimate users blocked since most clients nowadays can open many connections and mass-transfer files in parallel, and some are set to do so by default.

Also, were you downloading via FTP instead of uploading by chance? I used to get blocked for that quite a bit back when it auto-unblocked.

Alright, I've never been able to duplicate this, but a lot of people have reported the same thing happening to them. Since I can never get it to ban any of my test computers I am assuming it has something to do with the network or ISP that people connect with in addition to their FTP client, etc. If anyone is willing to be my guinea pig to test this out please let me know. Basically I would just want you to download or upload a ton of files or whatever it is that causes the bans to happen, and I will watch the log files to see if we can finally get this solved once and for all.

I'll see if I can block myself...I'll try from the IP that I made this post from. If it gets blocked, please unblock when you notice it.

I used to have little/no issue getting myself blocked for downloading via FTP, but haven't done anything recently that would cause it.

EDIT: Wow that was fast. I got blocked just getting a directory listing of /public_html and all subdirs. FileZilla does that when you select a directory for download. I didn't even start the actual transfer.

Here's the log. It now just times out whenever I access it. HTTP and cPanel are blocked too.

Command: CWD /public_html/raxdev/sbt

Response: 250 OK. Current directory is /public_html/raxdev/sbt

Command: CWD include

Response: 250 OK. Current directory is /public_html/raxdev/sbt/include

Command: PWD

Response: 257 "/public_html/raxdev/sbt/include" is your current location

Command: PASV

Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (216,218,192,170,101,170)

Command: MLSD

Response: 150 Accepted data connection

Response: 226-Options: -a -l

Response: 226 16 matches total

Command: CWD /public_html/raxdev/sbt

Response: 250 OK. Current directory is /public_html/raxdev/sbt

Command: CWD js

Response: 250 OK. Current directory is /public_html/raxdev/sbt/js

Command: PWD

Response: 257 "/public_html/raxdev/sbt/js" is your current location

Command: PASV

Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (216,218,192,170,116,10)

Command: MLSD

Error: Connection timed out

Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

Error: Connection timed out

Error: Could not connect to server

Edited by wolstech

Ok, GLaDOS was able to help me test this out, and I made some changes to the firewall. It seems to be working better now. Let us know if anyone is still having issues getting disconnected/banned during the middle of an FTP transfer.

I'll see if I can block myself...I'll try from the IP that I made this post from. If it gets blocked, please unblock when you notice it.

Are you able to connect again?

Ok, GLaDOS was able to help me test this out, and I made some changes to the firewall. It seems to be working better now. Let us know if anyone is still having issues getting disconnected/banned during the middle of an FTP transfer.
Are you able to connect again?

Yes I can. :)