Park Domain Suggestion

wolstech

First, I'm not sure if this is the best section for a suggestion, putting it here because there's another suggestion in here that was answered without being moved...

Anyway, I figured I'd make this suggestion because it's come up a few times on here.

The suggestion is for an "Ignore Incorrect Nameservers" option in cPanel when adding addon/parked domains. I suspect there's a reason for this not existing, but I can't figure out what it is beyond helping users realize they need to change their NS (which IMO is good for the novice, frustrating for the experienced).

While not exactly common, there are cases where users aren't able or do not want to change their nameservers. Currently, there's no way to associate these domains with your account unless you set them as your "main domain", which means you're limited to 1 such domain (or 2 if you ask for a second account). A good example: I had to ask for a Johnny account last week (and consequently put up with the load) because my main domain was in use on Stevie. With this suggestion, I'd be using an addon domain on Stevie instead.

It'd also benefit users of those registrars with those backward policies that require HH's end be set up first before the NS can be changed.

I understand the support issues that might arise, but this could always be labeled as an advanced feature that has no support if you use it.

Comments or explanations?