Slow Stevie Performance

HelioHost

For the last twelve hours or so, users whose accounts are located on the Stevie server may have noticed some slow page loading and timeouts. There is nothing wrong with the Stevie, but rather a website hosted on this server suddenly became very popular mostly with folks from Italy. When our servers start getting this much traffic we begin making obscene amounts of money from it, so it's always a bit of a tough decision to shut the site down completely. We've been fine tuning the settings and it looks like we may have found a balance that minimizes the disturbance to other sites hosted on the same server.

Since the cause of the slowdown originates in Italy should we make a pope joke, or should we make a mobster joke?

It's probably best to not make any jokes since the site that became so popular sells concrete shoes, and the Vatican is obviously stocking up for the new papacy... Oh, I guess we went with both. Forget about it.

For privacy reasons we don't ever provide links to or publicize any of the sites hosted on our servers. If the owner of the site wants to provide links to their own site on this forum then they are welcome to, as long as they don't do it in a spammy way or break any of the forum rules doing so.

• Like 1

I wonder also, what website of shoes; that slow stevie? Me, my website is only a personnal website.