[Solved] Server Error In '/' Application Gdiplus.dll

jetliweb

Hi,

My site is a ASP.NET style running on Johnny.

The website works fine but there is a error when I go to some pages.

"Server Error in '/' Application

gdiplus.dll

Description: HTTP 500. Error processing request.

Stack Trace:

System.DllNotFoundException: gdiplus.dll

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)

at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Version information: Mono Runtime Version: 2.6.7 (tarball Thu Oct 18 23:33:40 PDT 2012); ASP.NET Version: 2.0.50727.1433

"

It was working before and I didn't change the codes. It is also working on my local machine with the same codes.

I know it had been brought up before, but still need someon help me out.

Thank you!

I can't find gdiplus.dll either:

root@johnny [/home/jetliweb/public_html/Bin]# ls -l
total 10924
drwxr-xr-x 2 jetliweb jetliweb 4096 Sep 16 18:47 ./
drwxr-x--- 7 jetliweb nobody 4096 Dec 2 11:25 .. /
-rw-r--r-- 1 jetliweb jetliweb 146432 Jan 16 11:45 AjaxControlExtenders.dll
-rw-r--r-- 1 jetliweb jetliweb 4227584 Jan 16 11:45 AjaxControlToolkit.dll
-rw-r--r-- 1 jetliweb jetliweb 54 Jan 16 11:45 AjaxControlToolkit.dll.refresh
-rw-r--r-- 1 jetliweb jetliweb 1447424 Jan 16 11:45 AjaxControlToolkit.pdb
-rw-r--r-- 1 jetliweb jetliweb 3424256 Jan 16 11:45 itextsharp.dll
-rw-r--r-- 1 jetliweb jetliweb 36 Jan 16 11:45 itextsharp.dll.refresh
-rw-r--r-- 1 jetliweb jetliweb 369152 Jan 16 11:45 MySql.Data.dll
-rw-r--r-- 1 jetliweb jetliweb 1502720 Jan 16 11:46 System.Web.Ajax.dll
-rw-r--r-- 1 jetliweb jetliweb 13824 Jan 16 11:45 System.Web.Ajax.pdb

Have you tried uploading the missing file to your Bin directory?

Thanks for you reply.

First of all, I am not familiar with that gdiplus.dll but I mean, there is no gdiplus.dll in my bin directory all the time but the website worked fine before,and I didn't change the codes. All of a sudden I got this error but its totally fine on my local machine.

So this gdiplus should be supported by the server? I am not sure, just feel weird why the error came out suddenly without any change?

Hi,

I try to add gdiplus.dll to my bin directory (on my local machine) but an error occurs "A reference to '...\gdiplus.dll' could not be added. No type libraries were found in the component".

I upload the gdiplus.dll to my live bin directory, then the same error occurs as my first post.

Hi,

I still cannot fix it, and really don't know how to fix it.

If it is possible that something wrong with the server? I just don't know.

The error keeps happening, and again, it didn't happen before and I didn't change the code...

and it always working fine on my local machine (my localhost).

As far as I've searched, looks like this gdiplus is about the host server. So hope someone can help me out.

Now it looks like every function I made which is about gdiplus would cause this error....

I am just not familiar with this kind of issue.

Thanks.

I don't know much about asp.net but I can assure you that nothing has changed on the server. I've seen a few people have "System.DllNotFoundException: blahblah.dll" errors and the solutions has always been to put the missing .dll in the bin folder. That's about all I know about it.

HI, krydos, really thanks for your reply!

I know what you mean, I also put some other xxx.dll files in the bin for some objects to make them work, that's right.

But looks like gdiplus is kinda different. it is a part of a library GDI+ which should be provided by the system (server).

As I've searched, most of suggestion or solutions are all about how to do something on your (my) system and

some sources said sometimes gdiplus error happens because the file is absent from the system or it has been corrupted.

So again, my system looks ok, the program works on my local, but when it runs on Johnny error comes out, so means.. should do something for the

Johnny server??(but I definitely can't)

But still If there is something I can do by myself I am willing to do it. Just don't know what else to do. (Even put dll file in the bin, not works; but I never do

this, it still worked)

so any administrator can help me to find out the problem? Thanks a lot!!

Hi,

Just found out there are some old posts similar to the situation I have. Then the root admin fixed the issue.

http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/9064-aspnet/page__hl__gdiplus__fromsearch__1

http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/8898-systemdllnotfoundexception-gdiplusdll-aspnet-failure/page__hl__gdiplus__fromsearch__1

Can my request be escalated to root admin to check this out? Appreciate it!

Hey guys,

I coded a website using VS2010 in ASP.NET. On my local machine it throws no error.

I searched in the forum, but the solutions showed there does not help me.

The URL to the site: http://vogelserver.heliohost.org/test/

The error is:

Error 500

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)

at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I think it is an error which has to be solved by admin.

greetings

vogelserver

You're not the only one wondering where gdiplus.dll went. http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/14610-server-error-in-application-gdiplusdll/

That user also has an ASP app suffering the same error for no explainable reason. His was working great, then a bunch of pages just quit working...

You might want to try uploading gdiplus.dll to your bin folder as was suggested in that topic if you haven't already tried it. Otherwise an admin will probably need to look at it.