[Answered] Unable To Upload Any Files

McCozza

Hi,

For some reason I have been unable to login using FTP for some time now. It did used to work. It gives me '530 Login authentication failed' after '331 User shali OK'

Last time after FTP login failure I was able to upload file using CPanel 'file manager' and the the 'upload' utility. Now that complains that the files I'm uploading have virus which they don't. I get this error in the bottom right hand corner of the upload page

"C:\fakepath\sport_ladder.tar.gz: unknown Bytes complete FAILED! :Upload canceled: VIRUS DETECTED! (Access denied. ERROR)"

So I've got 2 problems which would be good to resolve.

thanks Nick

I'm having the same problem as MrCozza, I'm trying to install the latest version of Elgg (Which I obtained from their website) however, I too get the VIRUS DETECTED! error when ever I upload the .Zip file.

Hoping for a quick response

-Baxter

I can't help you with either problem, I just wanted to mention that I also had trouble uploading to Stevie through cpanel. FTP works for me, but cpanel gives me the same virus error, even though it's a plaintext file that was created and written on a virus-free linux box.

Sorry I can't help, but I did want to make sure people were aware that it's not an isolated incident.

Hmm.. I tested this with elgg to double-check the second post, let me try another random upload.

EDIT: Ooookkk, so, uploaded an image I drew earlier tonight, that worked well enough. However a 9 byte .txt with "test file" gave me that error, so something's going on with the cPanel settings. Let's hope it's fixed soon.