[Solved] Suspended: Nichebuy

Hello Sir,

Account Details:-

A. Heliohost Username:- Nichebuy

B. Site Server:- Stevie

C. Main Domain:- http://indiascienceforum.in

Today when I tried to visit site, It displayed "Account Suspension Page."

As far as visit is considered, I am visiting this site regularly as I had some problems with my site.

I was trying to change my admin password for forum as I was not able to login to the forum. So there was my regular visit.

As far as illegal content is concerned, there is no such content hosted.

Still, If you find any problem, please do let me know.

Regards,

Pratik

Your account was suspended for sending too many emails. I have unsuspended your account, but please try to limit the amount of emails you send to 50 per day so you do not slow down mail servers.

Sir could you please guide me with that exactly which emails you mean?

Is it activation mails to forum users or something else?

Actually I am also not able to login to forum, Some internal issues are not letting me to do so. But I will try to check whether which service is utilizing this much of resources.

Thank you sir for your help.

Regards,

Pratik

Sir could you please guide me with that exactly which emails you mean?

All emails your account sends count.

Is it activation mails to forum users or something else?

It's your account. You're responsible for everything your account does. We don't read any of our users emails because that is an unnecessary invasion of your privacy. We just monitor the total number of emails and the rate at which you send those emails. We used to not monitor emails at all, but malicious accounts would use our service to send thousands of spam email. Then our entire server would get flagged as a spam source and all of the other thousands of legitimate accounts would be unable to send or receive emails until we managed to get the server unflagged.

But I will try to check whether which service is utilizing this much of resources.

You better do this quickly because in the last 18 hours and 40 minutes since your account was unsuspended it has sent another 201 emails. This is a rate of 258.4 emails per day which is far greater than our guideline of 50 emails per day, and your account should already be suspended again. I have overridden the suspension to give you time to fix this yourself, but if it's not fixed in 24 hours (this time tomorrow) I will throttle your account so it can only send one email per hour.

Let us know if there is anything else you need help with.

Since he has more users than topics I'm guessing a considerable number of those accounts are spambots, and if each spambot account gets sent an email or two when they create their account it would explain the number of emails. Perhaps a stronger captcha or some other creative spambot prevention would solve all of the problems.

I checked and indeed there were many bots spamming things about boots and batteries and whatnot. My suggestion, if you are interested, is to limit your account creations to ~40 a day similar to how HH does new account signups, the reason i suggest 40 and not 50 is because you may need to occasionally send out emails of your own. Also I'd look through the forum for bots posting irrelevant things, it's going to be a lot of work considering how many posts there are, but they'll run up your 500MB quota on HH if you don't keep them in check.

...things about boots and batteries and whatnot...

I'll buy seven pairs of boots with batteries and whatnot, please. Do they allow me to jump higher, run faster, and do they make a boiiiiinooiiiiing sound with each step? If so I'll take an even dozen. :)

Thanks Support Admin for cancelling suspension of my account. I already initiated process to limit registrations on daily basis...even searching for good anti-spam tools as most of the accounts seems to be spam.

Right from somedays I was unable to login to admin panel of forum due to some internal technical glitch but thankfully it's working now. So, the spam count went up very high.

At last I am very sorry for this email mayhem...I am trying to reduce it drastically....In between do you know any other process to validate user registration instead sending him with mail?

Thanks everybody for your support.

Regards,

Pratik

Sir As temporary solution for reducing emails, I have set Admin authentication in registration process. Lets hope it will reduce those mails considerably. But sir I am trying hard to limit the registrations ASAP. Thanks!