[Solved] account setup date

mtlive

I reviewed my account status today and it was:

Your account is number 8 in the database, should be created by Sunday 24th of July 2011 09:52:00 AM, and should be active by Monday 25th of July 2011 03:00:00 AM.

yesterday activation date was 24th

when my account will setup?

It looks like the account creation script on Johnny is broken again. Someone with ssh access can start it again when they get a chance. There are 310+ accounts on johnny waiting to be created the oldest of which was registered on the 20th; four days ago.

@mtlive Your account should be created very shortly after the script gets restarted. Thanks for pointing this out.

This support request is being escalated to our root admin.

(I know plenty of admins other than djbob can fix this, but in case he's the first to check. Feel free to deescalate it if you fix it first.)

I don't know the command to do this. I'll escalate this so djbob can sort this out for himself, and maybe he'll let us know what he did. :)

This support request is being escalated to our root admin.

I just killed bihourly_wrapper and bihourly.php... hopefully that will resolve the issue.

This might sound like a stupid question, but what SSH command is it to do this? Or should we just escalate this when it happens? Thanks

I usually do my killing through htop. I open it up, set it to tree mode (F5), find the bihourly tree (/bihourly), select everything in the tree (go up and down with the arrow keys and select with the spacebar) and then kill everything selected (F9, enter).

You could alternately use killall. killall bihourly_wrapper should do the trick; let me know if it doesn't.