[Solved] Why is HelioNet unstable?

I don't think Johnny is the only cause. I just saw a very interesting scenario on the server monitor. At approx. 1:15AM PST Saturday the 23rd (of July), all elements were bright green with the exception of Helionet/Heliohost.org. (I would provide a screenshot, but I am using my iPhone and it does not have this feature). Something else must be causing Cody to be sluggish. Like I said before, the firewall might be disabled like it was with Stevie.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can press both buttons to take a screenshot.

When I got my iPhone I just grabbed it and was like, "Ooooh, it's only got two buttons. Hmmm" So I pressed the first one to see what it would do. "Oh, ok." Then I pressed the other to see what it would do. "Hmm, neat." Then a deviously maniacal grin spread across my face -- perhaps similar to Richard D. James -- and I asked myself, "What would happen if I pressed both at once?!"

:huh:

Anyways...

Just to let you know Cody has been down for a few hours today (GMT+1). :)

Yeah, I saw that too. I was wondering, did anyone notice any downtime of Helionet.org while Johnny was down after the power outage? I seem to remember thinking the forums were loading really well, but maybe I was just lucky enough to miss any lag.

No, you're right. It appears johnny severely affects the uptime of cody, which shouldn't be a problem since the servers are virtualized.

@djbob I wonder if you can limit disk IO on johnny.

Yes, after seeing the -> 8th August <- and -> 9th August <- when Johnny didn't work at all and the following days when Johnny did start working again we can be sure that:

a ) Johnny does affect the whole physical server with main heliohost / helionet and ns2 on it;

b ) sometimes (ie. 9th August, 3 times) there are some problems unrelated to the load made by Johnny.

did anyone notice any downtime of Helionet.org while Johnny was down after the power outage?

@Krydos - During the power outage I was unable to access HelioNet.org. ;)

I didn't say anything about during the power outage. ;)