[SOLVED] we're sorry, but an error was encountered during signup

isfaucon

Hi,

1) thx : I just opened a Helionet account which succeeded after many initial problems (closed Email account): fortunately Helionet provided a way to resend a validation Email . So everything OK on that side.

2) pb : I tried to open a Heliohost account on Johnny with the following elements (xxxx means hidden) :

desired usrname : jhnjouky

desired domain : horustgy.heliohost.org

pwd : xxxxxx

Email : (same as Helionet account)

Helionet usrname : monjouky

2a) Is there a problem with the signup on Johnny due to the current back log?

2b) I read on the forum and signup form : "Note that you only have one chance to create your account." Though I tried hard to understand the quoted sentence and read the rules carefully, could I be banned and if so, how can I know? If not, when can I try again : never, in 24 hours, on a different IP machine, with a different usrname, with a different email address ?????

I would appreciate so much to have an ASP allowed site, ...and in the future extend to JSP.

Thanks for your help.

Robert

I had same problem when i signup for stevie. I registered next day with same details. I think it is server problem. Try later.

This is not his problem. Our data is showing that he already has a site. Only one site per user is allowed.

I had same problem when i signup for stevie. I registered next day with same details. I think it is server problem. Try later.

This is not his problem. Our data is showing that he already has a site. Only one site per user is allowed.

I will delete the rff.heliohost site account now on Stevie as it was intended for ASP and doesn't work.

I apologize, as when I set up the account for Stevie last week, I saw Stevie...ASP...JSP, but loosely read the complete sentence : Stevie ...not for ASP nor JSP :wacko:

Then I will try again to open account on Johnny in a couple days. Thanks for your help !

Action on my part : Account 'beauchat' on Stevie (rff.heliohost.org) queued for deletion.

>>I received the following message : "Your account has been queued for deletion. Depending on the circumstances, it could take up to a couple weeks to get deleted."

I hope that I will be able to open an ASP account in less than a month from my initial attempt on June 27th (backlog on Johnny excepted) ?????

Guest Geoff
I hope that I will be able to open an ASP account in less than a month from my initial attempt on June 27th (backlog on Johnny excepted) ?????

Deletion should take less than 48 hours. However, johnny signups are currently closed, so it might take a while for you to sign up on johnny.

Action on my part : Account 'beauchat' on Stevie (rff.heliohost.org) queued for deletion.

>>I received the following message : "Your account has been queued for deletion. Depending on the circumstances, it could take up to a couple weeks to get deleted."

The account beauchat is already fully deleted from the stevie server. The johnny server currently has 344 queued account to create which is down from about 400 last night so progress is being made, and soon we will be able to start accepting new accounts on johnny again.

I will delete the rff.heliohost site account now on Stevie as it was intended for ASP and doesn't work.

I apologize, as when I set up the account for Stevie last week, I saw Stevie...ASP...JSP, but loosely read the complete sentence : Stevie ...not for ASP nor JSP :wacko:

Then I will try again to open account on Johnny in a couple days. Thanks for your help !

As of July 15th 2011 16:30 Paris time (7:30 AM Pacific Time) my account on Stevie and FTP access and Cpanel access have been disabled.

As of July 15th 2011 20:30 Paris time (11:30 AM Pacific Time) my account on Johnny has been added to the queue list after a first attempt were I forgot to check the terms of Agreement this time! Fortunately, I had a second chance to try again.

Thank you for your replies and the prompt action.

as of July 20th, my account on Johnny is fully fucntional. The ASP is correctly executed and c# interpreted ok

Just one thing : after loading the HTML index page (index.htm) nothing was working. After loading an ASP client page thru FTP (with a A HREF reference to the index page), it was possible to view the ASP page on the site. Then by clicking on the link, I got the index page, then I tried a reference to the domain (with no index page extension) and it finally worked.

Maybe it is just a timing problem and the site needed a few moments for the FTP loaded index page to trigger some authorization on Johnny.