Your Favorite Operating System

Favorite Operating system  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like Ubuntu linux because it is

1. Easy to Use
  2. Free to use and distribute
  3. Secure Operating system
  4. No keylogger or spyware or any kind of viruses.
  5. folders limited to used in local and global.
  6. and lot....

What is your favorite operating system? tell us about its features

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Geoff

1. Ubuntu.

2. FreeBSD (I will point out that this is the parent of Mac).

3. Windows 7.

4. Mac.

In that order.

I would like Mac better, but I really don't like the fact that they are a control freak. I also will be discontinuing my use of windows solely because of Windows 8. Windows users will be in for a BIG surprise with Windows 8, and in my opinion, it won't be a pleasant surprise.

1. Mac OS X - This has to be the most advanced and beautiful operating system of them all with a very slick design. I love all the handy features it has and it's impressive speed. I also like Mac for it's simpleness. Can't wait for Lion to be released!!

2. Windows 7 - Even though I don't own Windows 7 (I own Windows Vista) and I prefer Mac, I have to admit that Windows 7 is a very good operating system with a great design, look and gadgets.

3. Linux - I don't own any Linux systems, but I'm going to put my vote in for this anyway since it is great for managing websites and hosting websites.

Does mac os secure to use? is Macos linux derived version?

Can you explain me about Mac os?

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS#Mac_OS_X

Mac OS X is the newest of Apple Inc.'s Mac OS line of operating systems. Although it is officially designated as simply "version 10" of the Mac OS, it has a history largely independent of the earlier Mac OS releases.

The operating system is the successor to Mac OS 9 and the "classic" Mac OS. It is a Unix operating system, based on the NeXTSTEP operating system and the Mach kernel which Apple acquired after purchasing NeXT Computer, with its CEO Steve Jobs returning to Apple at this time. Mac OS X also makes use of the BSD code base. There have been six significant releases of the client version, the most recent being Mac OS X 10.6, referred to as Snow Leopard. On Apple's October 20th 2010 "Back to the Mac" event, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion was previewed, showing improvements and additions including a Mac App Store.

As well as the client versions, Mac OS X has also had six significant releases as a server version, called Mac OS X Server. The first of these, Mac OS X Server 1.0, was released in beta in 1999. The server versions are architecturally identical to the client versions, with the differentiation found in their inclusion of tools for server management, including tools for managing Mac OS X-based workgroups, mail servers, and web servers, amongst other tools. It was the default operating system for Xserve (which has now been discontinued)[6], it's an optional feature on the Mac Mini and the Mac Pro, and it's also installable on most other Macs. Unlike the client version, Mac OS X Server can be run in a virtual machine using emulation software such as Parallels Desktop.

Mac OS X is also the basis for iOS, (previously iPhone OS) used on Apple's iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS#Mac_OS_X

Mac OS X is the newest of Apple Inc.'s Mac OS line of operating systems. Although it is officially designated as simply "version 10" of the Mac OS, it has a history largely independent of the earlier Mac OS releases.

The operating system is the successor to Mac OS 9 and the "classic" Mac OS. It is a Unix operating system, based on the NeXTSTEP operating system and the Mach kernel which Apple acquired after purchasing NeXT Computer, with its CEO Steve Jobs returning to Apple at this time. Mac OS X also makes use of the BSD code base. There have been six significant releases of the client version, the most recent being Mac OS X 10.6, referred to as Snow Leopard. On Apple's October 20th 2010 "Back to the Mac" event, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion was previewed, showing improvements and additions including a Mac App Store.

As well as the client versions, Mac OS X has also had six significant releases as a server version, called Mac OS X Server. The first of these, Mac OS X Server 1.0, was released in beta in 1999. The server versions are architecturally identical to the client versions, with the differentiation found in their inclusion of tools for server management, including tools for managing Mac OS X-based workgroups, mail servers, and web servers, amongst other tools. It was the default operating system for Xserve (which has now been discontinued)[6], it's an optional feature on the Mac Mini and the Mac Pro, and it's also installable on most other Macs. Unlike the client version, Mac OS X Server can be run in a virtual machine using emulation software such as Parallels Desktop.

Mac OS X is also the basis for iOS, (previously iPhone OS) used on Apple's iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.

Good old Wikipedia ...

I fail to understand why Windows is so common ? Could anyone enlighten me ?

Mac OS X is based upon the UNIX system, meaning that it is very secure and does not get PC viruses. Because that Mac is based upon UNIX, you can use the usual Linux/UNIX command line with Mac.