Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated

Elharrif

hi there ,

when i open my forum i fine this problem :

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/elharrif/public_html/vb/showthread.php on line 639

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/elharrif/public_html/vb/showthread.php on line 1041

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/elharrif/public_html/vb/showthread.php on line 1046

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/elharrif/public_html/vb/showthread.php on line 1518

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/elharrif/public_html/vb/showthread.php on line 1523

i asked somebodies about the probleme they told me call ur host to Return php Version to 5.2.14 or 5.2.9

can anyone help me plz

i asked somebodies about the probleme they told me call ur host to Return php Version to 5.2.14 or 5.2.9

Php version is currently 5.3.3

Have you checked your forum software to make sure it is using the latest version? It is highly unlikely that Heliohost will ever downgrade their php version unless there is a major security hole in the latest version.

Also, please make your best attempt to use proper grammar. We understand that your native language is not English, but you have already been asked multiple times to use the word "you" and "your" in place of your txt slang u and ur which aren't words.

Google that error and see if there is an alternative to the deprecated function.

If something is deprecated, a better function is available and therefore that function is unavailable for use.

It is impossible for us to 'downgrade' your PHP as we can only do this if we did it for every site on HelioHost, meaning that functions released on the latest version of PHP would be unavailable.

That is not the most up-to-date version of vBulletin which can cause a problem with outdated software and up-to-date PHP.

As jje said, use Google to see if there is a workaround you can find.

Guest Geoff

Downgrading our PHP version will not happen; there are many more who use heliohost who want the latest technology.

This is NOT our fault; it's yours. Your script is too old to run on modern servers; you can file a bug if you have any complaints.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/elharrif/public_html/vb/showthread.php on line 639

i use vBulletin 3.8.4 forum verison

If it were I experiencing this problem my first choice would be to upgrade the vBulletin software.

If for some strange reason that wasn't really a possibility my next step might be to try something like this

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/php-34/ass...ted-634670.html

I don't have access to your code, but I'm guessing those line numbers that are causing errors contain an '&' and according to the people in the thread I linked fixing that error might be as simple as removing that '&.'

>>> As always, before making any changes to your code make sure you make a backup so that if it breaks everything you can revert to your current code. <<<