Trash folder not showing up in webmail

Ice IT Support

The trash folder is not showing up in Roundcube webmail. When I go into the settings, I cannot specify a trash folder either. Can anyone help me?

username: iceitsup

domain: iceitsupport.net

Thanks!

Guest Geoff

1. Login to roundcube.

2. Click settings in the upper right corner.

3. Click the folders tab.

4. Create a new folder (bottom of the page). Call it trash.

5. Click the preferences tab.

6. Click the "special folders" box in the left pane.

7. Select "trash" from the trash drop down box, and then click save.

Done!

Sorry, this should really be in questions.

4. Create a new folder (bottom of the page). Call it trash.

I tried that, but it gave me an error message saying that an error occurred while saving

7. Select "trash" from the trash drop down box, and then click save.

Trash doesn't show up in the drop-down menu. There is only Drafts, Sent or Junk. I'm going to try deleting the account and then re-creating it. See if that helps.

Ok nothing I do seems to be working. When I create another account with a different name it works, and my other accounts work as well, but the trash folder still doesn't show up when I delete and re-create this account

Ok nothing I do seems to be working. When I create another account with a different name it works, and my other accounts work as well, but the trash folder still doesn't show up when I delete and re-create this account

Have you compared the permissions on the folders in the explorer between the troublesome account and other functioning accounts? Perhaps the trash folder had its permissions changed and now RoundCube can't access it to see it. So when the account is deleted it can't delete it either.

Well all file permissions are the same in all accounts. Is there a way to delete the account and all its settings? Last time I deleted and re-created the account the settings from the old account were re-loaded into the new one.

I deleted the files/folders using the file manager, and it isn't solving the problem either. I noticed that cPanel keeps a preferences log in another directory? I think it is in /usr/something.

Guest Geoff

First of all, that 'directory' you listed is in fact not a directory at all. It is instead the message that is displayed to users who try to log on to our SSH server, since SSH is disabled:

Sorry, you don't have shell access enabled. Please contact your administrator for further assistance.

Second of all, I've removed your mail directory. Can you please try to recreate all of your mail accounts again?