[Solved] Stevie slow to load php

KratosPC

Very possibly. To check for memory errors I would have to run memcheck86+ on the machine. This may be pre-installed in the bootloader, which would make it easy to run for the datacenter tech. However, this would involve a reboot to check. Alternately, I could install memcheck86+ on a USB drive and have the datacenter tech run that.

I'll be driving down to Silicon Valley within the following month. It might make sense for me to try to take care of the issues once I'm down there. Otherwise, it's very hard for a datacenter tech to communicate what issues are showing up on the screen.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it really be that difficult to try it before you drive down there? I don't think anybody would realize much of a difference while rebooting than it is now. Today has REALLY been a bad day on Stevie. :(

You do what you think is best. If you can stand it so can I. :)

well last 12 hours or more sine all Stevie accounts are queued

give this picture

i don't really know what is going on or if this picture can help .

Wow, when Stevie doesn't have to muck around hosting all these fancy webpages with all this fancy php and stuff his bars sure look a lot nicer. Too bad not every site is just a single simple page of html. Oh wait, that would make the internet a terribly boring place.

On a more serious note, I wonder if this graph does indicate anything? Perhaps processing php or accessing the disk or something is what is causing the problems? I would think that if it was a memory problem the graphs would look about the same whether he was hosting all queued pages or hosting the real websites. Of course if the problem was in the higher memory and he has such a simple job to do right now he doesn't even need to get into higher memory it still could be a memory issue. I don't really know. Troubleshooting would be a lot more fun without all the trouble, but then I guss it would just be shooting. <_<

I have mentioned this correlation between server responce time and websites being unavailable 16 days ago in here while thinking that djbob did something at that time, but that was unfortunatelly the same kind of failure like it is now. Anyway - for someone who knows the server configuration and knows how it works when websites does not work etc. this might be some tip as to the reason of this weird slowness.

when it will be over ?

3 clicks on the mouse became to 3 minuets at list !

its almost a month with this issue very hard to work with .

i had some Thought about this issue maybe some account make this problem if you don't find the hardware problem,

but i don't really got much experience with web building to know what process in php / site management

can Cause high process / Instability to the server.

there is any way to check every individual account or its non sense ?

The administrators have a tool which allow us to see which user is using the most server load. Unfortunately, server load isn't the problem, as it is low when he's sluggish, so these tools would be useless in this situation.

Might be worth a try though...

@admins - look in wizard's admin log for script if you want to try it

@ witchcraft

You would have to ask yourself:

- why someone/some account didn't abuse the server so much before the power failure and started to do this instantly just after power failure?

- how is this possible that the "abuse process" slows down the server while not generating any significant load on CPU or hard disk drive? (CPU usage and disk I/O are two factors considered while counting the "server load", which is low most of the time as mentioned by jje)

Personally I think that it is some hard to find hardware problem. It would be "better" if the selected part of the hardware would fail completely so it would be more easy to find and replace.

djbob said he would take a look in two weeks when he is at the datacenter. There is nothing else we can do at the moment.

Don't worry, we won't close this thread. We'll keep it open. ;)