Interal Server Error, constantly

John T

What scripting language are the pages (php, perl, etc.)? Try chmod'ing them to 755.

The site is in drupal, but I have the issue, even on the page that has only index.php with bunch of text on.

And right now it wont even let me to connect though ftp. Doesnt like my password. I changed in cpanel, still no work.

I use ftp.heliohost.org since ftp.zangetsudb.heliohost.org is not recognized

I can see your index.php fine?

landing zone!

I can also connect to ftp.zangetsudb.heliohost.org fine?

Yes not it works I can access my ftp. It didn't work for the whole day yesterday.

Then back to the original problem, is still there. I have a couple sites running, one of them is www.zangetsudb.co.cc

I am still getting the 500 error.

I used to get the 500 error a lot on my sight too, and I think the consensus was that I was running into the process limit thereby blocking php scripts and cgi and stuff like that from being able to run.

Checking email would spawn imapd, uploading new files over and over would spawn ftpd, etc etc etc. In my case I think there was an issue of them never getting killed or going away so eventually my site would only display 500 errors.

As far as I know there is no way for us, as users, to monitor our processes. We just see the side effects when our sites stop working. If this is the same issue that you are running into I can assure you that when you stop actively editing and testing your site as much and fall back into more of a regular business automatic mode my site at least got a lot more stable.

I have no way of knowing if this is the issue you are having too, but if it is it might be hard to troubleshoot for the admins because after a couple hours of you posting the processes might have ended and everything works perfectly when they check it.

Do you use any services like IMAP or WebDav or Cron Jobs?

Hi,

I dont run anything like imap or crons. I have a website uptime monitor that scans the site from time to time. Thats about it. But as I have mentionned earlier, it does not happen all the time. It is at random. I got to my site and I get a 500 error, I got 5 min later everything is good. Is there a log I can look into that can indicate the reason or the cause of the 500 error that I was getting.

Thx.