[Solved] Johnny Hacked

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Geoff

Cpanel is down, but all other services should be fine. You are getting a 500 error because of high server load.

I think you should reinstall everything in Jonny server. But if you really think to do it, pls inform us earlier and give at least 24 hrs so that we can back up everything.

Cpanel is down, but all other services should be fine. You are getting a 500 error because of high server load.

Please check carefully. Jonny server is actually down! :(

Guest Geoff

Apache is still up, so static sites are OK. PHP doesn't seem to be working, but this happens during high server load.

What is their motivation to attack this website? Because they can?

Ya, I have the same question. Some guys are trying hard to run this heliohost service for free!! This is not a PayPal like site! I think hackers have some rules. They can't attack anyone unnecessary!! But these hackers are really [.............]. If they have guts, they shouldn't do it again to a non-profit organization.

I know running a server is very expensive. And if you want to put advanced security for it, then it'll become more expensive! And if a hacker wants this opportunity and attacks a server like Jonny, then I've nothing to say. I can only say that this hacker was really a ......

Is it possible for me to switch to Stevie. I really don't need the additional features that Jonny offers. For me stability is a little more important than features.

I know one method is to delete my account and resignup on Stevie, but I was wondering if some admin can directly transfer me. I don't need any of my files or database on this server.

On a side note, I think it'll be better if someone can compile all the things that needs to be fixed so as to save the time of the person fixing it.

Thanks.

Apache is still up, so static sites are OK. PHP doesn't seem to be working, but this happens during high server load.

Hmm, you are right. I've checked one of my static page and it was fine. But Jonny has just 2000 accounts now! So why is the server overloaded?

Ya, I have the same question. Some guys are trying hard to run this heliohost service for free!! This is not a PayPal like site! I think hackers have some rules. They can't attack anyone unnecessary!! But these hackers are really [.............]. If they have guts, they shouldn't do it again to a non-profit organization.

I know running a server is very expensive. And if you want to put advanced security for it, then it'll become more expensive! And if a hacker wants this opportunity and attacks a server like Jonny, then I've nothing to say. I can only say that this hacker was really a ......

Think of the long term effect. Because of this attack, Johnny will be patched by the admin for any future attacks. Although, it'll take some time, but eventually both of the servers tend to get more secure from these attacks.

Although I agree that if the intention of the attacker was positive, he would've sent an email to the administrator regarding the vulnerability rather than sitting and watching everyone getting disturbed.