[Solved] Johnny Hacked

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason Johnny is overloaded is because that the hackers are constantly trying to login as the root administrator, so the hacker is constantly trying to crack Johnny's password.

Also, if Johnny is down, it is probably confusing Cody. For example:

CODY: User wants to signup.

JOHNNY: This website has been hacked.

CODY: Huh?

CODY: What!?

CODY: Error.

I am Abhishek some hours ago went to my site lynx1.heliohost.org and got a message saying "hacked by iranian group..."

Then i quickly checked my ftp passwords and everything was working except my cpanel, it showed some error.

So now i can access my site through ftp, what I want is just to get my cpanel back!

NEED HELP.

also found out many more "hacked" threads but none gave me a solution, for now what I want is to reset my cpanel and every thing working.

My userid : abshekkk

Thank you for your help guys and for keeping free hosting alive!

Guest Geoff

This would have never happened on stevie. Should be completely fixed in less than a week.

Actually, seems as johnny is creating new accounts correctly. Cpanel is just broken right now.

Follow the instructions in the pinned topic 'Requests for ASP.NET, Java/JP and Ruby on Rails'.

Remember to state clearly that you want to move to Stevie.

Btw sorry about my duplicate post - I lost Internet connection just after I posted it

I signed up for an account about 1 week ago. I tried to log on yesterday and got an error with it saying the doamin no longer exists. I looked and noticed that johnny was down. After reading the forum I found that it was hacked. Not a problem these things happen so I figured I would wait and see what today would bring and I log on and I get a 500 Internal Server Error. I am unable to log into cpanel and was wondering if there was a reason or if my account got messed up. Any way I appreciate any help you can give me.

As for Credentials

Domain:

http://rockhound.heliohost.org/

Username is:79383

Again thank you for any help

now, this is odd. i've deleted all those junk files this morning and so my site is ok (still blank since i haven't uploaded my site yet, but at least it's not an error page). now, the problem starts when i try to connect my ftp. it simply rejects me. ok, looks like hacked but what is curious is that when i try to open cpanel it offers me a login page. if i click "cancel" it loads incomplete cpanel login page which tells me that this is probably a password grabber or something and not a real cpanel, or it's heavily broken. perhaps i am wrong but i think that it would be the best to shut down johnny completely since most people use same password everywhere and if the attacker gains access he may ask to switch to stevie which is bad... so, shut the johnny down and suspend server switches for a while... restart entire server, simply reinstall everything... not that i am trying to teach you how to do your job... just trying to help...