broadband , cable or dialup .. wich do u prefer?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had ADSL for about four years now and I am satisfied with the service and speed. I had dial-up for 15 years. At the beginning the internet was text based through the universities here. When we got ADSL, it was faster than cable because ADSL uses a switched network instead of a token-ring type of network. Since then, the cable company has added fiberoptic as well as cache devices at certain points around the connections, so it is about four times as fast as my connection. I probably won't switch, because I didn't like Time Warner Cable and have gotten satellite TV now. Very seldom do I need the speed on the fiberoptic. So...price vs. speed vs. need -- I'll stick with DSL for now. I have heard they are working on improving speeds as well.

• 4 weeks later...
i neeeeed Broadband i only have Dial-up, people mock me....

Well You Should Switch Provider's

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Really stupid question...

I think anyone would prefer an *always on, *high speed internet connection.

I think most people would. But the truth of the matter is finding websites that can actually handle speeds over one megabyte per second. I mean seriously now the odds from my personal experience is most websites have less then that set up as a soft limit. But I also know that yes you can send files fast to an extremely low amount of websites. I know that sometimes granted I'm lucky I can get up to about 1 megabyte per second download although more often then not I will get about 200-400kilobyte per second download. I believe that high speed internet is almost a must for a web developer. I mean I can only imagine having to upload files for an extremely large amount of time. Oh and no high speed connection is always on because when your provider gets shut down your internet shuts down. Just something to keep in mind.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...