Your Favorite Browser

Your Favorite Browser  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use Chrome for speed and simplicity. When I need to debug my site or something I'll go over to Firefox, Firebug the SH*T out of it, and come back into chrome :D

Chrome's entertainment.

Firefox is hardcore reverse-engineering :P (Of course on my own sites) (Or hackthissite.org :L)

I use Chrome, its the Best, Its Fast, Loads Quicker, fireFox comes next, its fast but takes time to load, that's irritating, Opera comes Next, and For a Web Designer its the IE6 that causes Head Ache, Need to write perfect code for a site, to get it right with IE6.

and there are all sorts of IE fix available on the Net for IE6 problems.

Why we use IE6, they say more than 33% of the people who use internet use IE6 ( i don't know how authentic this stat is )

So Chrome is the Undisputed no.1 browser in my view

Been using Chrome for over a year now.

Used to use Firefox.

I switched because Firefox started to really slow down and I didn't know why.

And of course I wanted to see what all the Chrome hype was about!

When I first used it I liked the way the tabs were situated on the title bar - it saved a lot of space!

I'm a big hater of toolbars!

I see that the beta release of Firefox has implemented the tabs in the title bar too, but I'm going to stick with Chrome.

It opens so much faster and has all the extensions/plug-ins that I used to use on Firefox, so I have no reason to switch back! :D

Chrome FTW!

I used to be a Firefox user, but the more time passed and the more I customized the browser, the slower it got.

On the other hand, I love how Chrome looks and feels out-of-the-box. The only add-on I have to install for it is add-block. This keeps it simple, fast and stable.

IE is just bad. Always has been... always will be.

Chrome is certainly my favorite right now.

I ditched firefox a while back, after I noticed that flash videos started stuttering if I was using over a certain amount of memory. Given my excessive use of tabs, this was all the time. I fell in love with Chrome pretty quick. The UI design is pretty awesome, and gives me more screen space on my tiny netbook screen. I also really like that tabs are in separate processes, so crashing one doesn't crash the entire browser. The unified search bar up at the top has also really sped up my searching on different engines, once I had tweaked it to my liking. And the right-click->view element function is also really useful.

• 1 month later...
What is Your Favorite Browser?

I used to be obsessed with a browser that basically no one has ever heard of called Maxthon. It was one of the first browsers that had really good ad blocking abilities and I programmed the ad blockers myself to block anything that I didn't want to see. I blocked all of the stupid flash games and all that junk on Facebook.

I finally kept trying other browsers until Chrome came along, and it's really the speed that won me over. Maxthon started out really fast and powerful, but like all browsers that have existed for too long it got bloated and slow and memory intensive. That's basically the entire story of Firefox.

<3 Chrome! :wub:

Ftw, and your stats. I run my own site and with over 2,000 visitors in total Chrome is 60% used. Firefox is 30%. And Internet explorer 20%. Other 10%. Everyone uses Chrome. It's on the Google homepage for christ sake

• 1 month later...

Mac: Safari 5/Chrome Canary

Ubuntu: Chrome

PC (dead): Firefox

Mobile: Opera Mini

School: Internet Explorer 7 (grrr...)

As you can see I' quite divided. My favourite interface is Safari, because it just flows with the Mac feel, however Chrome feels a lot more streamlined and suited to the internet.

A tricky question...

• 3 weeks later...

I use EVERY browser to check if my sites work in every one :)

well ot every but the big ones, opera, safari, FF, chrome, and last but LEAST important IE ( couldn`t render css properly untill IE 9 :/// and IE 9 has a whole bunch of add on toolbars, that are annoying!!!!)

but for personal use, FF/chrome the best combination, FF because of add on, and chrome when I need to feel like flash :)

1. Firefox

2. Opera

3. Chrome

Both Opera and Chrome are faster than Firefox, but I've just gotten to love Firefox as a solid browser. The problem I have with Google Chrome is that it doesn't have a menu bar (which drives me nuts). Opera is a very slick browser and I might switch to that one of these days.

EDIT: Oh yea, Firefox has Firebug. That thing is amazing for me.