[Solved] E-mails size

vvenet

Dear support team, can you please enlarge the size limit of my incoming and outgoing e-mails?

Occaisionally I have to send a few e-mails with larger files in one e-mail. The e-mail itself will not be larger than 25Mb. And it will be only be for a few recipients.
Just today I found out there is a kind of limit on the e-mail size for incoming and outgoing e-mail when is passes Heliohost's MX server. This limit is way under 20Mb. So the two e-mails I was trying to send were bounced back by Heliohost, stating "552 5.3.4 Error: message file too big". Incoming e-mails are also refused. The sender gets this message: "552 5.3.4 Message size exceeds fixed limit". The bad things is that I even am not aware someone is sending me an e-mail (with a larger attachment). Only after they contact me, thet inform me that they get the 552 5.3.4 error message. 

Can you please increase the file size of incoming and outgoing e-mails in my account to 20Mb or 50Mb?
Since this option is not in my Plesk control panel, the admin has to do this.
https://www.plesk.com/kb/support/unable-to-send-receive-emails-on-a-plesk-server-message-size-exceeds-server-limit/

Thank you 🙂 and kind regards.

Edited by vvenet

• vvenet changed the title to E-mails size
4 hours ago, vvenet said:

Dear support team, can you please enlarge the size limit of my incoming and outgoing e-mails?

Occaisionally I have to send a few e-mails with larger files in one e-mail. The e-mail itself will not be larger than 25Mb. And it will be only be for a few recipients.
Just today I found out there is a kind of limit on the e-mail size for incoming and outgoing e-mail when is passes Heliohost's MX server. This limit is way under 20Mb. So the two e-mails I was trying to send were bounced back by Heliohost, stating "552 5.3.4 Error: message file too big". Incoming e-mails are also refused. The sender gets this message: "552 5.3.4 Message size exceeds fixed limit".

Can you please increase the file size of incoming and outgoing e-mails in my account to 20Mb? 

Thank you 🙂 and kind regards.

Just a suggestion, could you try uploading the file to a file sharing service and sending the link via email?

5 hours ago, Ookma-Kyi said:

Just a suggestion, could you try uploading the file to a file sharing service and sending the link via email?

Thank you for your kind proposal. However, that is not always an option. For multiple reason like professional representation. Also the main e-mail providers like Google, Microsoft, Apple allow e-mails of the size between 20Mb and 50Mb. So it also looks a bit strange if one has to send attachemnts seperately by file sharing services. And by the way, also incoming e-mails with larger attachments (still under 20Mb) are bounced, so they are not received by me.

In Plesk, Heliohost has set a limit of the amount of e-mails to be send out (10/hour).
In Plesk it is also possible to set a size limit for incoming and outgoing e-mails (up to 75Mb). However, this has to be done by Heliohost/admin.

58 minutes ago, vvenet said:

Thank you for your kind proposal. However, that is not always an option. For multiple reason like professional representation. Also the main e-mail providers like Google, Microsoft, Apple allow e-mails of the size between 20Mb and 50Mb. So it also looks a bit strange if one has to send attachemnts seperately by file sharing services. And by the way, also incoming e-mails with larger attachments (still under 20Mb) are bounced, so they are not received by me.

In Plesk, Heliohost has set a limit of the amount of e-mails to be send out (10/hour).
In Plesk it is also possible to set a size limit for incoming and outgoing e-mails (up to 75Mb). However, this has to be done by Heliohost/admin.

My guess is this is to prevent abuse. I am going to try escalating this so@Krydos or @wolstech can take a look and see if the attachment size limit can be increased.

Edited by Ookma-Kyi
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ookma-Kyi said:

My guess is this is to prevent abuse. I am going to try escalating this so@Krydos or @wolstech can take a look and see if the attachment size limit can be increased.

Thank you for your kind assistance. As you probably know, Plesk has a default value for e-mail size. Plesk however also allows individual settings for accounts (and the domains stored in that account). As a safeguard, HelioHost has already set cpu load and since e-mail size can be determined on individual accounts (and its stored domains), the chance of abuse is quite limited. 🙂

https://www.plesk.com/kb/support/unable-to-send-receive-emails-on-a-plesk-server-message-size-exceeds-server-limit/

6 hours ago, vvenet said:

Thank you for your kind assistance. As you probably know, Plesk has a default value for e-mail size. Plesk however also allows individual settings for accounts (and the domains stored in that account). As a safeguard, HelioHost has already set cpu load and since e-mail size can be determined on individual accounts (and its stored domains), the chance of abuse is quite limited. 🙂

Unfortunately I don’t have any access whatsoever to the admin area of Plesk. Only admins can increase your attachment size and I’m not 100% sure what the rules are as far as this goes. I do know that the email sending limit can be increased with good reason however.