Tommy Upgrade

Krydos

17 minutes ago, elkhaddir said:

Hello Sir, the good thing that are faster but when i want to execute a php index.php

It works for me.

image.png.6b1bcc7245378de2f51fe21738517291.png

The last Apache restart was 11 minutes ago and you posted this 16 minutes ago. After you create your account it can take up to 2 hours for your domain to start working because it requires an Apache restart. So 404 errors are expected if you try to run php prior to your domain working.

On 9/13/2024 at 3:09 PM, Krydos said:

PHP - We are adding version 8.3. The versions 8.2, 8.1, 8.0, 7.4, 7.0, and 5.6 will remain the same. We are removing versions 7.3, 7.2, 7.1, 5.5, 5.4, 5.3, and 5.2.

We're also taking volunteers to move first, so if you're eager to try out the new server let us know and we can move you to the top of the list.

Just checked and versions 8.3, 8.2 and 8.1 are the only currently supported versions of PHP. Why are unsupported versions of PHP being supported on the upgraded server, when they can contain bugs and even exploits that are never going to be patched?

Source https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php

Edited by Ookma-Kyi

Because a large number of our users run older software that needs them. Also, the vast bulk of PHP software available out there requires 5.6 or older even though it hasn't been supported in years. I even actively develop a 5.6 app myself.

One of our priorities when it comes to supported features and versions is user retention.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2024 at 2:21 PM, wolstech said:

Yes, it will. If you're using our nameservers, it should update automatically. If you're using external DNS, you'll need to update it yourself.

I am on a different (supposedly temporary, but long term 😄) IP, will it also change when I get moved to the new server? Just to be aware so I can modify my settings on Cloudflare when I get moved.

Yes, you will receive an email when you are transferred. If you use ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org nameservers there will be zero downtime because we will keep the old account online for at least 4 hours for DNS to update. That way anyone who has your DNS records cached will see the old site, and anyone who doesn't have your DNS records cached will see the new site immediately. If you use Cloudflare we can't update the DNS records for you so the downtime is fully up to you. I would recommend switching to our nameservers for the next couple weeks if you're worried about minimizing downtime.

If any Tommy people want to get upgraded to the new Tommy immediately, we can do a full backup, and then reset your account. We recommend doing a reset occasionally anyways to help clear out the clutter and keep the bugs from accumulating. A reset does delete everything off your account and resets it back to the factory defaults so be aware that you'll need to extract your backup and restore the parts you need, and add any additional domains again, etc. That's the fastest way to get on the new server though. We're almost done testing the account move script, and then we can start moving everyone over.

14 hours ago, Krydos said:

If any Tommy people want to get upgraded to the new Tommy immediately, we can do a full backup, and then reset your account. We recommend doing a reset occasionally anyways to help clear out the clutter and keep the bugs from accumulating. A reset does delete everything off your account and resets it back to the factory defaults so be aware that you'll need to extract your backup and restore the parts you need, and add any additional domains again, etc. That's the fastest way to get on the new server though. We're almost done testing the account move script, and then we can start moving everyone over.

How do I backup my email messages? I think I have everything else backed up already and stored in the cloud.

10 minutes ago, Ookma-Kyi said:

How do I backup my email messages?

Refer to this wiki page

https://wiki.helionet.org/tutorials/plesk/account-backups

You can create your own backup through Plesk for the latest up to date backup, or you can download your backup from https://heliohost.org/backup/ but that is from 2024-09-01

Once you have the backup downloaded, and a suitable Z-Standard extraction tool installed you can find your emails in the file

backup-filename.tar\domains\yourdomain.com\backup_domainmail_date.tzst

On 9/16/2024 at 3:18 AM, dl5ark1 said:

New donation for your everlasting good work.
Date: September 15, 2024
Paypal Transaction ID: 3GK3144727120391P

I just started your account move to the new Tommy. We would appreciate any feedback on how well the move works, or if there are any issues.

On 9/13/2024 at 4:03 PM, hunter93 said:

I'd also like to try it out, my username is fromthethirdeye.

I just started your account moving to the new server. Let us know if you have any feedback regarding the move process, or experience any downtime.