E-mail dns settings (spf, dkim, dmarc)

vvenet

Dear support team,

I am in the process of setting up the domains in my account. Step-by-step. Just to make things easier, is it possible for you to setup on all my domains in my account, the following DNS settings in one time?

SPF:

"v=spf1 ip4:64.62.151.106 ip6:2001:470:1:1ee::2009 include:smtp.spf.ziggo.nl ~all"

DKIM:

Plesk value, activated on all domains.

DMARC: 

default value, activated on all domains

Reason:

1)    I won’t have to ask you each time when I setup an individual domain. Saves time for both of us. 🙂 

2)    To keep downtime for e-mail as short as possible the moment I switch from my current DNS host to your DNS ns1.heliohost.org + ns2.heliohost.org, since everything has already been configured.

Is that possible? Thank you again. 

Edited by vvenet

• vvenet changed the title to E-mail dns settings (spf, dkim, dmarc)
4 hours ago, vvenet said:

Dear support team, can you please have a look at my request of last Thrusday? 
Thank you. 🙂

Sorry about that, I am going to page our admins ( @Krydos & @wolstech ) to let them know to look into this. Please give them some time as everyone her including the admins are all volunteers.

• Like 1

Only 1 domain on your account is even hosted here, and that one is already set up for this.

This process is entirely manual on our part and takes quite a bit of time, so it doesn't make sense for us to spend the time setting up DKIM and SPF for 5 domains that aren't hosted here, or aren't being used to send email. When you're ready to host them here and actually use them for email, let us know and we'll set them as you go.

Alternately, if you don't want to wait on support for DNS changes, you could use Cloudflare for DNS, which would enable you to set this up yourself.

Edited by wolstech
5 domains not hosted here, the 6th is.
  • Like 1

Dear Wolstech, thank you for your message. Yes you are correct. One domain has already been setup. 

I have planned to move the other domains in my account to your DNS ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org this coming week, starting from tomorrow. So instead of asking you each time seperately, I thought it would be convenient to ask it to you in one request. I understand it is a bit time consuming on your part, since direct DNS control by individual users like me is not implemented yet, but I rather stay on your DNS (heliohost.org).

So can you please be so kind to configure the other domains in my account as requested above? That would be appreciated very much. 🙂 
Thank you so much for patience and understaning.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2024 at 7:16 PM, wolstech said:

Only 1 domain on your account is even hosted here, and that one is already set up for this.

This process is entirely manual on our part and takes quite a bit of time, so it doesn't make sense for us to spend the time setting up DKIM and SPF for 5 domains that aren't hosted here, or aren't being used to send email. When you're ready to host them here and actually use them for email, let us know and we'll set them as you go.

Alternately, if you don't want to wait on support for DNS changes, you could use Cloudflare for DNS, which would enable you to set this up yourself.

Dear @wolstech, two domains are ready. I already sent a request for adding them on your DNS last Fridau no response yet. So I now try it here by replying to your proposal to give a sign. :-). The domains are:
- hcdirven.nl
- 2btc.nl

Can you please be so kind to set the following values for them:

SPF:
"v=spf1 ip4:64.62.151.106 ip6:2001:470:1:1ee::2009 include:smtp.spf.ziggo.nl ~all"

DKIM:
Plesk value, activated on the corresponding domain

DMARC: 
default value, activated on the corresponding domain

Please confirm when these settings on Heliohost’s DNS have been applied.

Thank you very much! 🙂

Dear @wolstech, thank you so much for your assistance. Mail-tester gave all configured e-mail addresses a 10/10, so that is good, including the long DKIM keys.

I did however find a problem, "Servererror 550 5.1.1 e-mail unknown in virtual mailbox table". But solved it myself ==> https://talk.plesk.com/threads/5-1-1-recipient-address-rejected-user-unknown-in-virtual-mailbox-table.341956/ .

I will give you a sign when the other domains are ready to be configured on your DNS. Kind regards! 🙂