[Krydos] Web access not working (VPS).

On 8/29/2024 at 5:30 PM, Krydos said:

Try increasing the Apache and PHP timeout. Here is a guide I found that may help https://fornex.com/en/help/php-ini-hestia-cp/ Since you have such a large database it takes longer than 120 seconds to optimize it all. Maybe try 300 seconds, and if it still times out you can raise it even more.

So to try and speed up site I've placed the name servers of cloud flare on the domain with siteground, but I'm getting messages from some customer saying they are getting a blue alien ship screen? If I used Google pages peed insights it does show the alien ship, but on my devices it's the actual site?

Also I think the ram or cpu is limted again as the stats showing.g over at some point ts..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like your Cloudflare AAAA record is wrong. If you try to access the site via IPv4 it works, but if you try IPv6 it shows the alien.

The correct AAAA record for your VPS should be 2001:470:1:1ee::109

4 hours ago, Krydos said:

It looks like your Cloudflare AAAA record is wrong. If you try to access the site via IPv4 it works, but if you try IPv6 it shows the alien.

The correct AAAA record for your VPS should be 2001:470:1:1ee::109

AAAA

gzmoperformance.co.uk
2001:470:1:1ee::109

Proxied

Auto

AAAA

ipv6

Proxied

Auto
EditWhen toggled open, an additional table row will be added below this row to enable editing DNS records.

AAAA

webmail

Proxied

Auto

Posted (edited)

Gateway time-out Error code 504

Visit cloudflare.com for more information.

2024-08-31 20:17:21 UTC

You

Browser

WorkingLondon

Cloudflare

Workinggzmoperformance.co.uk

Host

Error

What happened?

The web server reported a gateway time-out error.

What can I do?

Please try again in a few minutes.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 8bbfb4172e33cd4c • Your IP: Click to reveal • Performance & security by Cloudflare

Edited by nazsky786

1 minute ago, nazsky786 said:

Gateway time-out Error code 504

Visit cloudflare.com for more information.

2024-08-31 20:17:21 UTC

You

Browser

WorkingLondon

Cloudflare

Workinggzmoperformance.co.uk

Host

Error

What happened?

The web server reported a gateway time-out error.

What can I do?

Please try again in a few minutes.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 8bbfb4172e33cd4c • Your IP: Click to reveal • Performance & security by Cloudflare

MAX is already on 500!!!

Does the page actually sit there loading in the browser for 500 seconds before it gives that error? Perhaps there are multiple timeouts in play. Nginx, Apache, and PHP all have timeouts that could be causing this. If the error happens after 30 or 60 seconds it clearly isn't hitting the 500 timeout.

14 minutes ago, Krydos said:

Does the page actually sit there loading in the browser for 500 seconds before it gives that error? Perhaps there are multiple timeouts in play. Nginx, Apache, and PHP all have timeouts that could be causing this. If the error happens after 30 or 60 seconds it clearly isn't hitting the 500 timeout.

No it doesn't actually wait 8 mins = 500 seconds. So it maybe another timeout limit..

Take a look at this report https://gtmetrix.com/reports/gzmoperformance.co.uk/4HYl6XH6/#structure

The main issues it lists is excessive dom size for the total blocking time TBT, and explicit image sizes for the cumulative layout shift CLS.

They also have a guide specific to Wordpress that may be useful https://gtmetrix.com/wordpress-optimization-guide.html

Also, is there any particular reason you're using PHP 7.4? Wordpress runs best on the latest stable version of PHP which is 8.3 and it's already installed on your VPS. If you're running an old version of Wordpress that requires PHP 7.4 I recommend updating to the latest version of Wordpress and switching PHP to 8.3.