[Krydos] Web access not working (VPS).

19 hours ago, Krydos said:

Also, is there any particular reason you're using PHP 7.4? Wordpress runs best on the latest stable version of PHP which is 8.3 and it's already installed on your VPS. If you're running an old version of Wordpress that requires PHP 7.4 I recommend updating to the latest version of Wordpress and switching PHP to 8.3.

Didn't notice this, I've changed it, I think I missed changing this when I made the account.

I will try the guide, but I've done most of them, but the Image one will conflict with a plugin, so that can't be fixed.

Stats show Load at 4 when doing something and after that task is complete going to around 2.71 for a while before reducing further to 0.69.

Most of the slow loading is in the backend admin page of the site.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, nazsky786 said:

Stats show Load at 4 when doing something and after that task is complete going to around 2.71 for a while before reducing further to 0.69.

I did notice a little swap usage. If the load is spiking during backend operations it could indicate that the server is still running out of memory. We could try bumping you to 4 GB to see if those backend tasks run smoother.

20 hours ago, Krydos said:

I did notice a little swap usage. If the load is spiking during backend operations it could indicate that the server is still running out of memory. We could try bumping you to 4 GB to see if those backend tasks run smoother.

Can we try it, see what happens.

The admin page of the site is just slow to do anything.  Would an increase on CPU be needed also?

18 hours ago, nazsky786 said:

Can't do anything, its crashing on main site, and no access to the admin page.

You filled your 50 GB entirely so that's why nothing is working anymore.

/dev/mapper/ubuntu--vg-ubuntu--lv   46G   44G     0 100% /

There is 23 GB in cache and 8 GB in uploads. Is that what you would expect?

12K     ./boost-cache
16K     ./webtoffee_iew_log
4.0K    ./upgrade
23G     ./cache
12K     ./wpo-cache
16K     ./webtoffee_export
20K     ./webtoffee_import
331M    ./plugins
208K    ./wp-rocket-config
13M     ./themes
9.7M    ./languages
8.0G    ./uploads
56K     ./mu-plugins
4.0K    ./upgrade-temp-backup

19 hours ago, Ookma-Kyi said:

How many plugins and which ones are you using?

So ,  I do have quite a bit at 29 plugins,

1. Advanced Woo Search
  2. Cloudflare
  3. Contact Form 7
  4. Elementor
  5. Elementor Header & Footer Builder
  6. Make Column Clickable Elementor
  7. Featured Image from URL (FIFU) Premium
  8. Google for WooCommerce
  9. Health Check & Troubleshooting
  10. MailPoet
  11. Make Column Clickable Elementor
  12. MC4WP: Mailchimp for WordPress
  13. Pinterest for WooCommerce
  14. Rank Math SEO
  15. Rank Math SEO PRO
  16. Security Optimizer
  17. Slider Revolution
  18. SVG Support
  19. TikTok
  20. Variation Swatches for WooCommerce
  21. WooCommerce Legacy REST API
  22. WooCommerce Shipping & Tax
  23. WooCommerce.com Update Manager
  24. WooPayments
  25. WP Rocket
  26. WPC Frequently Bought Together for WooCommerce
  27. WPC Smart Compare for WooCommerce
  28. WPC Smart Quick View for WooCommerce
  29. WPC Smart Wishlist for WooCommerce

15 minutes ago, nazsky786 said:

So ,  I do have quite a bit at 29 plugins,

1. Advanced Woo Search
  2. Cloudflare
  3. Contact Form 7
  4. Elementor
  5. Elementor Header & Footer Builder
  6. Make Column Clickable Elementor
  7. Featured Image from URL (FIFU) Premium
  8. Google for WooCommerce
  9. Health Check & Troubleshooting
  10. MailPoet
  11. Make Column Clickable Elementor
  12. MC4WP: Mailchimp for WordPress
  13. Pinterest for WooCommerce
  14. Rank Math SEO
  15. Rank Math SEO PRO
  16. Security Optimizer
  17. Slider Revolution
  18. SVG Support
  19. TikTok
  20. Variation Swatches for WooCommerce
  21. WooCommerce Legacy REST API
  22. WooCommerce Shipping & Tax
  23. WooCommerce.com Update Manager
  24. WooPayments
  25. WP Rocket
  26. WPC Frequently Bought Together for WooCommerce
  27. WPC Smart Compare for WooCommerce
  28. WPC Smart Quick View for WooCommerce
  29. WPC Smart Wishlist for WooCommerce

The amount of plugins running at the same time could be causing excess stress on your VPS. Could you try backing up your Wordpress installation and disabling the WooCommerce plugins and see if that helps?

Edited by Ookma-Kyi

8 minutes ago, Ookma-Kyi said:

disabling the WooCommerce plugins

Since the Wordpress install is specifically meant to be a store to sell 20k items, I'm pretty sure disabling WooCommerce plugins would disable the entire point of the site. I think the 100% full hard drive is more of a concern right now.

1 hour ago, Krydos said:

Since the Wordpress install is specifically meant to be a store to sell 20k items, I'm pretty sure disabling WooCommerce plugins would disable the entire point of the site. I think the 100% full hard drive is more of a concern right now.

I understand, but I think the plugins are causing the hard drive to get full of cached data. I know Laravel has the option to cache resources and based on you previous comment ( https://helionet.org/index/topic/61983-krydos-web-access-not-working-vps/?do=findComment&comment=276970 ) that is why I am coming to this conclusion.

On 9/7/2024 at 9:17 PM, Ookma-Kyi said:

I understand, but I think the plugins are causing the hard drive to get full of cached data. I know Laravel has the option to cache resources and based on you previous comment ( https://helionet.org/index/topic/61983-krydos-web-access-not-working-vps/?do=findComment&comment=276970 ) that is why I am coming to this conclusion.

seems that the WP rocket plugin is causing the large cache storage, done a purge, so it has reduced, but seems to have resolved itself for not as its not as big as it was before.

7 hours ago, nazsky786 said:

seems that the WP rocket plugin is causing the large cache storage, done a purge, so it has reduced, but seems to have resolved itself for not as its not as big as it was before.

Is there a way to limit the cache size of the WP Rocket plugin? Otherwise over time the cache will grow and you will be back to full disk space.

On 9/9/2024 at 5:58 AM, Ookma-Kyi said:

Is there a way to limit the cache size of the WP Rocket plugin? Otherwise over time the cache will grow and you will be back to full disk space.

So I've put the plugin into auto purge, so after 2 days it purges, as I think it's cache each time 1 customer visits each page, and gets clogged up. 

But I'm also getting email issues now. 

ERROR: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 104.21.49.80:465

On 9/7/2024 at 7:59 PM, Krydos said:

Purging on a schedule may fix this issue. 

However the emails are not working when using the app outlook. I can access the emails with the Web site link.