Johnny Account

regarding the backups on recovered accounts etc... will the new account avoid this Plesk migration issue too, aka there will be a completely new account first(non-migrated) and then the backup will be added on top of that or it would recover the migrated/buggy account only?:

-

It will recover the account in the state it was in on March 8, so if you had a migrated account, your restored account will also be a migrated account.

If you want to avoid that, you would want to be reinvited with an empty account instead, and then manually restore the data from the backup file.

ok thanks, but how would i get a re-invitation and 'stop' the previous/current account? and maybe the new account could be on the new morty server too or what would be the difference between the 2? (or what is the morty server meant for etc..)

At the moment, you would need to donate to get a Tommy invite. If you already donated and didn't receive the invite, please create a topic over in customer service with the donation transaction info and we can get that fixed for you.

Morty will be a faster, paid version of Tommy that doesn't have load or inactivity suspensions. It will be a subscription product with a minimum monthly fee of I believe $1, and the price paid will increase based upon your load. This offering isn't even released yet. I think Krydos is still working through some licensing and server prep stuff, but the server itself was finally finished being built yesterday.

The tasks being worked on most recently involved cloning the empty Morty to expedite the rebuilding of Johnny...

• 2 weeks later...

well, now there seems to be an issue that my account was flagged as inactive, although i'm pretty sure that i logged in 3 weeks ago, but is there still a way to get a new non-migrated account, so it wont have that rewrite mod bug (i am thinking that the fresh and non-buggy account would be better than a buggy one?)

maybe this, but it would have to be with a different email then?
https://helionet.org/index/topic/61883-free-signups-re-opening-tonight/

Sure. The archived account has been marked as deleted and a fresh account has been created for you under the same name as your original one (eestiarx). Try logging in at https://heliohost.org/login/ :) (you may need to reset the password to log in). The domain will take 2 hours to work.

If you need the data from your old account, it's available at https://heliohost.org/backup/

• Thanks 1

The public_html folder is now called httpdocs on new accounts. If yours was still called public_html up until now, it was because you had a legacy account that migrated from cpanel. To log in, you should use https://heliohost.org/login/ 

If you need domains added, we have to do that on our side. Please let me know what they are and I'll add them. For DNS, you can either have your domains use our name servers, or you can use your own DNS with A / AAAA records pointed the IPs shown in plesk.

Posted (edited)

this is the tricky part, because i'm not even sure how this thing even works and what/where are the name servers that i should use etc... i did have a 2nd panel thumbnail for the actual main domain before, but can i send that via the PM if it needs to be added? (i have the nameservers added on the site where i bought the domain name etc...)

Edited by hestia66

Ours looks a bit different.

1. Under the domain, you select SSL/TLS Certificate.
  2. If there's no certificate, click "Install" under "Install a free basic certificate provided by Let's Encrypt".
  3. Select Secure the Domain Name. I recommend also selecting the www, webmail, and mail service options as well. Do not select the wildcard option (it won't let you anyway).
  4. Click "Get it free", and wait for it to finish (it can take a few minutes).
  5. Once the certificate successfully installs, I recommend turning on the "Keep websites secured" and "Redirect HTTP to HTTPS" options if they aren't already on.
  6. Wait 2 hours.

The bad news is our server is rate limited by LE at the moment so you can't get a new certificate right now...so I manually restored the certificate from your old account in the meantime (it has about 3 weeks left on it, which should be plenty of time for the limiting to resolve). :)