Pointing fresh domain name 🌐

Dear HelioHost Support Team,

I am writing to request your assistance in pointing my new domain name, rifux.dev, to my current website, which is hosted at blinkov.helioho.st.

I recently updated the nameservers for rifux.dev to

ns1.heliohost.org
ns2.heliohost.org

, as per your instructions. I would now like to set rifux.dev as the main domain for my website, instead of blinkov.helioho.st.

Could you please help me with this process?

I have some additional questions:

• Is it possible to not delete blinkov.helioho.st and point rifux.dev as the main domain at the same time?
  • What are the pros and cons of a domain being an Addon Domain?

Yes, I'm a very newbie here.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Best regards,
Vladimir Blinkov

• Is it possible to not delete blinkov.helioho.st and point rifux.dev as the main domain at the same time?

If you want them to show the same content, we can add it an alias. Otherwise we can add it as an addon domain (see below).

• What are the pros and cons of a domain being an Addon Domain?

The main difference is that addon domains each have their own document root, so you can host different content on each domain. Addon domains get a folder named after the domain name as their document root, the main domain uses httpdocs as its root.

How do you want it added?

Thank you for the explanation. Now it's clear what to choose

11 hours ago, wolstech said:

How do you want it added?

Please, add rifux.dev as the main domain and blinkov.helioho.st as the alias domain.

6 hours ago, wolstech said:

Added.

Yay! It worked, thank you very much! 🥳

Problem solved :)

Can I ask last question in this topic? Is email storage connected somehow with maximum website storage? 

Posted (edited)

To add to what Wolstech said, the 1GB limit is for the entire account. So if you have 2 domains for example the limit is for the contents of both domains(files, email, database) and any administration related files(logs, plesk configs etc.). If you ever exceed the limit, the account will be suspended and an admin will have to intervene to unlock the account. If you want to increase the storage quota it's a $5 donation per 1 GB up to 6 GB max($25 donation).

Edited by Ookma-Kyi

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Ookma-Kyi said:

the account will be suspended and an admin will have to intervene to unlock the account

Wow, thanks. I didn't know about it, it's also important information.

7 hours ago, Ookma-Kyi said:

If you want to increase the storage quota it's a $5 donation per 1 GB up to 6 GB max($25 donation).

Hmm. What about moving to another server after increasing storage on Johnny? For example from Johnny to Tommy? As I know Tommy has 6 GB max limit itself (25$ donation), so I think it would be cool to have 10-11 GB of space right after moving.

Edited by rvb

Maximum any user can have on the shared hosting is 6GB. If you move to another server, you would have to actually move the account, not create a second one. You would just have 6GB on the new server.

Creating additional accounts will get all of your accounts suspended for having multiple accounts. Users are only allowed to have one account, so it's not possible to have an account on both servers.

Users needing more than 6GB space have to buy a VPS.