Question about External DNS Hosting

auqust

Hello! I'm looking to change to external dns hosting using Cloudflare. I'm looking at this tutorial https://wiki.helionet.org/tutorials/external-dns-hosting/cloudflare I'm just wondering if an admin needs to remove DNS records for me, or if I can simply change my domain nameservers to Cloudflares' wait to propagate etc and remove it there. Does it work like that?

I'm asking because it says on the page:

For your domain to work with HelioHost, you will need to delete the A and AAAA records pointing to your base domain, any records named "www" and also any text records mentioning SPF, DKIM, and DMARC.

To use CF, you just add the domain in CF, it will try to copy the needed records. If that succeeds, you can just change the name servers at your registrar to what they give you and it will work.

If you want to configure manually in cloudflare, you just set the A and AAAA records for the base domain to the IPs shown in Plesk, and create a CNAME for www that’s pointed to your domain.

If you need email to work, there’s additional records needed as well (an MX, and 2 TXT records for SPF and DKIM).

• Like 1