[Answered] Tommy doesn't support websocket with nodejs

nightcatlu

I have made some try and find that tommy server dones't support websocket with nodejs

!~passenger-envvars: VU5JUVVFX0lEAFpma251WlJlTC1oMTBWYXc2Zml1NkFBQUFSUQBTQ1JJUFRfVVJMAC93cwBTQ1JJUFRfVVJJAGh0dHBzOi8vbmlnaHRjYXRsdS5oZWxpb2hvLnN0L3dzAFBFUkw1TElCAC91c3Ivc2hhcmUvYXdzdGF0cy9saWI6L3Vzci9zaGFyZS9hd3N0YXRzL3BsdWdpbnMAUEFTU0VOR0VSX0NPTVBJTEVfTkFUSVZFX1NVUFBPUlRfQklOQVJZADAAUEFTU0VOR0VSX0RPV05MT0FEX05BVElWRV9TVVBQT1JUX0JJTkFSWQAwAEhUVFBTAG9uAA==
!~passenger-client-address: 2404:c805:bd00:bc00:xxxx
x-forwarded-for: 2404:c805:bd00:bc00:4a21:bff:xxx
!~passenger-proto: https
x-forwarded-proto: https
sec-websocket-extensions: permessage-deflate; client_max_window_bits
sec-websocket-version: 13
sec-websocket-key: VQNcDm597M80V68NcYDyXg==
x-accel-internal: /internal-nginx-static-location

it lacks headers:

Connection: Upgrade
Upgrade: websocket

I have managed to resolve the issue by switch off the "proxy to apache" in the "Nginx and apache setting" options.

I would like to share information here.

1. we should not concern the Nodejs listen port because it is taken by  by passenger plugin.  Nodejs will auto listen on unix socket and communication. 

it will skip the port setting.

2. we have to switch off the "proxy to apache". so Nginx will proxy all requests to Nodejs.

😀

Glad to see you figured it out. I saw this yesterday afternoon and was going to ask Krydos about it but then got distracted since I was at work at the time. Please let us know if you need anything else.