[Solved] Request to host ASP files

d3v123

Please i wanna have may ASP files but it seems it's not executed properly. It's not that a big project because I'm still a student and our instructor wants to have our own hosting so that he will only visit the site. We use both php and asp. He wants us to be hybrid. My asp just contains some basic activities from our class such as printing and variables as for now.

Edited by d3v123
Add a reason why i wanna have asp

wolstech would need to create an account for you on Lily. It acts as an addon for your existing Johnny account. Lily also has php support (don't know what the newest version is). He should be on in a few hours.

• Like 1

Yes we can host this. Just keep in mind the following:

• Lily has NO CONTROL PANEL. Options in Plesk on Johnny will have no effect on Lily. The requirement for Plesk exists because of databases and email (in the past DNS was also dependent on the other servers, but that changed when we switched to Plesk).
  • The only access you get is FTP. You configure IIS using the web.config file. App pools are restarted by creating flag files and waiting.
  • Lily can host .NET 4.8, 5.x, and 6.x.
  • PHP 5.3 through 8 are available by request. 
  • Lily has its own MySQL available, or you can use Johnny's mysql by enabling remote access to the database.
  • If you need email mailboxes, you'll need to use the email on Johnny's Plesk. PHP can use mail() with the caveat that the emails will originate from Tommy (yes, it uses Tommy even though your accounts are on Johnny and Lily). ASP.NET apps will need to use SMTP against a Plesk server to send email. Standard email limits apply.
  • You can have up to 10 domains on Lily, but be aware that a domain attached to Lily cannot also be set up on Plesk at the same time. Usually I create a subdomain for lily (e.g. if your domain is something.heliohost.us, your lily account will be at lily.something.heliohost.us).
  • Disk space on Lily is separate from Plesk since they're different servers, so you have 1000MB on each account.
  • Lily accounts are subject to the same terms of service as your Plesk account.

Do you want me to create you a Lily account?

• Thanks 1

• Krydos locked this topic