[Solved] Suspension

spacemonkey95

Hi, 
I'm trying to export this site to another host as Helio doesn't like Wordpress, but I need access to the wp-admin area in order to extract everything properly, as a standard backup/restore is not working due to database issues (and a database export/import is not working either). Please can this site be restored long enough for me to extract all the page code etc. from the admin area, as all other methods are failing.

Thanks

On 11/27/2023 at 7:03 AM, spacemonkey95 said:

I'm trying to export this site to another host as Helio doesn't like Wordpress,

HelioHost has limited amount of server space, and our mission is to provide free hosting to as many people who can't afford paid hosting as we can. Does it make sense to host 1 Wordpress site for you, or 1000 websites with reasonable load? If we had an unlimited number of servers like paid hosting companies we'd just put like 3 Wordpress sites on the same server, and the non-Wordpress server could have like 3000 accounts. Wordpress causes the same amount of load no matter what company hosts it. The for-profit hosting companies just make tons of money hand over fist for hosting the Wordpress sites so they don't complain about it, they just monetize it.

as a standard backup/restore is not working due to database issues

I created a full backup which can be downloaded from https://heliohost.org/backup/ if you need it.

Please can this site be restored

You probably just need to edit your .htaccess and remove the line that says "Deny from all". If I remove that line for you and you don't notice for a few hours you will probably get suspended again before you have a chance to backup your site.

• Krydos locked this topic