Confused about my account status

robev

Hello.

My account name is robev

My domain name is http://robbiewolfe.heliohost.org

When the cPanel debacle happened, I switched to a VPS and had my files transferred. When the option to switch to a plesk account on tommy was made, I signed up for that. Eventually I was given an account, but was told I had to transfer all my updated files from the VPS to tommy. I never got around to it (been busy the past year), and simply carried on posting on my wordpress site on the VPS (I think). Eventually I planned to close the VPS and stay with the free account, but again, never got around to it...

Now I'm trying to update some files on my website thetaryag.com (thetaryag.robbiewolfe.heliohost.org ?), but when I update them using FTP (tommy2.heliohost.org), they're not showing up when I load thetaryag.com. Is this because I'm modifying tommy and not the VPS? It's been so long I forgot what I'm supposed to do to update files. Maybe this is the time to close the VPS and switch to tommy...

What should I do? Thanks

That domain is being hosted on the VPS. If you want it hosted on Tommy instead, you'd need to request the domain be added to the Tommy account, and if using external DNS you also need to change the IPs to point to Tommy instead of the VPS.

Then you need to move the files and any related databases to Tommy. 

Once everything is moved over, you would test that the site works and cancel the VPS.

EDIT: That domain is already added to your tommy account, so you'd just need to move the content into the document root for that domain on your Tommy account, and update DNS.

Edited by wolstech
Already added to tommy