[Solved] My Account was Suspended??

I signed up for an account to host a basic perl script to generate random hypertext bingo cards for chat to play in various streams I participate in based on what the streamer does / says.  Logged in earlier to set up another streamer & got a 'gateway timeout' error.  Thinking something was wrong with the server temporarily, I logged out and waited.  Just tried it again, only to discover my account was suspended for violating the TOS. 😳  What happened???

Causing high spike load. 7582 CPU in 24 minutes.

Your software was extremely resource intensive and was making the server unstable due to extremely high spike load. To give an idea, we suggest keeping CPU usage under a cumulative 10000 units per 24 hour period, you managed 7500 in less than half an hour... with spikes high enough that it was causing everyone else's account to slow down or not respond.

Please let us know when you're ready to fix your script and I'll unsuspend you.

Oh wow... I had no idea that I was the cause of the problem! There must be something in the config file for the stream I just added that's causing the issue. 🤔

If you unsuspend my account, I will immediately remove the new config file so that nobody can trigger this and make certain to test every change locally on my laptop before making them on the server.  Will be interesting to figure out what's causing the script to run away - it really just generates simple hypertext and the only thing different between streamers is the text that's in each of the bingo squares.  I am so sorry for causing this...

1 hour ago, ruler2112 said:

Question - is there any way to get console access so that I could run perl in debugging mode on the server itself in order to isolate what's going on?  (I'm guessing not as it'd be too easily abused.)

You can't get console access. You would need a VPS for that.