Using Migrations on Lily Server

Ookma-Kyi

Hello,

I am on the Lily server and was wondering, with no control panel or SSH access, how I would migrate my databases? Usually the steps are as follows:

Install EF Core CLI Tools:

dotnet tool install --global dotnet-ef

Create The Migrations:

dotnet ef migrations add InitialCreate

create the schema on the database itself:

dotnet ef database update

However, with no SSH access I am at a loss on how to proceed. Apologies if this is a noob question I am very new to .Net Core.

What database system and format are the databases being migrated in?

Usually to migrate existing DBs to Lily, you'd need to upload .sql files or import through a database manager. Mysql can import through phpmyadmin, MSSQL you'd need to request, then you can connect with a tool like SSMS and import the contents.

36 minutes ago, wolstech said:

What database system and format are the databases being migrated in?

Usually to migrate existing DBs to Lily, you'd need to upload .sql files or import through a database manager. Mysql can import through phpmyadmin, MSSQL you'd need to request, then you can connect with a tool like SSMS and import the contents.

I am using SQLite at the moment but, plan on switching to MS SQL for the public facing site on Lily when the time comes. I haven't done it yet because I don't want to waste resourses and have blank databases. I am using the EF Command Line Tools locally which create migration files that I can easily migrate using a single command with EF Tools CLI installed(1). As far as the format, I have no idea, but feel free to look at my repository as all my migration code is freely available(2).

References: 1 2

EDIT: I have thoroughly explained our present and future intentions regarding our database utilization.

Those commands don't work on the server as they appear to be part of the SDK, which is not present on the server (the server only has the runtime).

The way you're doing it would be fine for local databases, but you're probably going to be best off just developing in MSSQL if you're going to use the server to host development versions.