[Answered] Heliohost and VPS inaccessible

allu62

Is it possible that Heliohost was down during some time today (around 16-17 o'clock GMT+2)? I got a time-out for both heliohost.org and my VPS. Neither of them could be pinged and vps43.heliohost.us was not resolved. I just ask because such things "make me crazy" and I want to be sure that there's nothing wrong with my connection or whatever on my computer.

Another question: Do you have any idea why Heliohost (at least some of your pages) are blackmailed by Malwarebytes Browser Guard?

Thanks.

It was. We keep getting his by a DDoS attacker targeting an as-yet-unknown website on Tommy. When he hits, everything goes offline until our ISP can mitigate it for us.

We're blocked by Malwarebytes because we have a history of hosting phishing sites. That's been that way for 2 or 3 years at this point and they're the only company  we're aware of that so far refuses to fix it (I sent them an email early last year since I'm a paid user and they simply said it was flagged because of phishing activity and that they do not remove sites by request). I use MBAM on my home PC and had to put *.heliohost.org and helionet.org in the whitelist. 

I'm relieved; I really thought something was wrong on my system. Of course, for you it's not so funny. I hope that you'll find a solution soon...

Concerning MBAM, interesting to see that you use it, too. The blacklisting must be recent, I suppose, because it's only during the last few weeks that Browser Guard complained. And concerning people, who use free website hosting platforms for phishing ... in my opinion, they should be banned forever...

Thanks. And as I said, I hope that you get rid of the DDoS attacker soon.

• Like 1