[Closed] Addon Domain Issues

Ashoat

Hello,

I'm having some diffuculties:

1. I just purchased a domain name: "tjthurman.com" via godaddy.com.

2. i have set the nameservers in my Godaddy configuration to be ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org.

3. i have attempted to add an Addon Domain in my Heliohost configuration but I am getting the following error message:

"Error from park wrapper: tjthurman.com is already configured."

I'm not sure what this means...and on the page where you I would create the Addon Domain, it reads "No addon domains are configured."

Currently, if I type in tjthurman.com I get an "Address Not Found" error message, which I'm assuming is valid since the Addon domain is not configured yet?

I would greatly appreciate some help! Thanks! (Also, this is the first time I've ever worked with DNS so if you could let me know if I'm missing any steps! Thanks!)

--T.J.

joeycbulk: Please wait until "Server Load" under "Service Status" in your cPanel is below 4, and then try adding the domain again once. You will have to wait 24 hours after adding your domain for it to become active.

Pinning this...

Wizard and byron - let me know if you're having trouble with the script. It should just be a single command via SSH.

Worked last time I used this. To be honest, I forgot about this thread, sorry. Will check back regularly now.

• 3 weeks later...

My issue is not an addon domain issue, it's a parked domain issue.

Can you help me?

These are information of mine:

Username: bobos

Default Domain Name: bobos.heliohost.org

Parked Domain Name: hud41.co.cc

I had added 'hud41.co.cc' as an add-on domain and then deleted it to add it again as a parked domain.

After I parked my domain, I enter to my domain, Error msg says:

404 Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can you help me solve it?

Thanks

sorry my bad english
That's okay - I think your English is actually quite good. :)

From what I gather, the domain hud41.co.cc is still using the Addon Domain you previously setup. When you go to hud41.co.cc, it is trying to access /home1/bobos/public_html/hud41.co.cc , but you deleted it, so it is showing a Not Found message. ;)

The script djbob posted earlier allows me and the other admins to delete Addon Domains, which is what needs doing. The problem is that the script isn't working for me - I've brought it up with the other Admins. ;)

For now, all you can do is wait. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo guys,

I'm sorry, something is gone wrong with the co.cc domain exchange.

1. username: ypsyps

2. default name: ypsyps.heliohost.org

3. domain name: ypsyps.co.cc

The default name worked correctly, but after the domain exchange

both names don't.

Thanks for helping me.

ypsyps

Both of your domain names are working fine; you added ypsyps as a parked domain, not an addon domain.

Hello Geoff,

first of all, thanks for your help. Maybe I'm a little late, maybe my english isn't good enough.

But the help says:

Parked Domains (Domain pointers) allow you to "point" or "park" additional domain names to your existing hosting account. This will allow users to also reach your website when entering the "parked" or "pointed" domain into their browsers.

... that is actually exactly what I want. If someone type in ypsyps.co.cc he should see the ypsyps.heliohost.org content.

Now I have removed the parked domain, and did the addon domain instead (as you suggested to do).

Now I have a subfolder (ypsyps.co.cc) in my public html folder, but the domain still dosn't work.

If I type in the full url "ypsyps.co.cc/index.htm" it works fine.

But schould not work "ypsyps.co.cc" too? Instead I will redirected to "ypsyps.co.cc/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi".

The same situation as with the parked domain. :(

Guest Geoff
... that is actually exactly what I want. If someone type in ypsyps.co.cc he should see the ypsyps.heliohost.org content.

If that's what you want then why did you change it?

But schould not work "ypsyps.co.cc" too? Instead I will redirected to "ypsyps.co.cc/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi".

Refresh your browser's cache.