[Closed] Addon Domain Issues

Ashoat

FTN: wait 24 hrs, drop the "index.html" problem in your folder, then see if it works. The reason is that the server needs to restart before your domain will work, and it does that once per day.

So I tried the 'index.html' problem to check if it had worked correctly and I'm being redirected to the ever so familiar "HelioHost Account Queued..." page (http://friendlytechninja.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi). I'm guessing something needs to be done on your end. Hopefully it's not a big deal to sort out.

Cheers

If it says it's already configured but it's not working, you'll have to wait a bit for me to set up the scripts that broke two or three months ago. That's next on my to-do list, though, so it should be within the next few days.

Sorry. However, unless you have some desprate need to not see the queued page, I would keep your NS records pointed to heliohost, to simplify things when he gets the scripts working.

Sorry. However, unless you have some desprate need to not see the queued page...

My site's been down since the 2nd Dec, unfortunately I've only had time to deal with it the last 2 weeks. Again I understand that this is a free service, but whatever you can do to help me get my site back up and running as fast a you can is greatly appreciated.

After a good bit of work I've finished the script to fix corrupt domain entries.

FTN: you should be good now. Please wait until "Server Load" under "Service Status" in your cPanel is below 4, and then try adding the domain again once. You will have to wait 24 hours after adding your domain for it to become active.

Everyone else: please repost your issue in the format described in the first post of this thread.

Admins: with this new script, it's really easy for you guys to deal with these issues, so I'm deescalating this thread.

To fix a corrupt entry, simply run:

sudo /root/python/cli/fix_corrupt_domain.py username domain

For example, for FTN you would do:

sudo /root/python/cli/fix_corrupt_domain.py ftn friendlytechninja.com

The above script will remove all entries for the given domain. Additionally, if it finds other corrupt entries for that user it will pick them up and delete them.

Hello,

Username:ironbox

Default domain name:awg.heliohost.org

Addon domain name:rabbi.tk and vovz.tk

----

Well,i have add the rabbi.tk and vovz.tk to the add-on domain in Cpanel before,however,when I check it again in ADD-ON DOMAINS in cpanel ,it doesn't appear in the following add-on domains list..nevertheless,i could not add them again when i try as the cpanel system tell me that they are just added.

another question:

i have set Rabbi.tk DNS record ---the NS record as the guide ns1.heliohost.org ,ns2.heliohost.org,

however, the DNS record works after i added it . but when i try to PING rabbi.tk, i was told could not find the domain.

so i add the RABBI.TK DNS A record to IP 216.218.192.170. the error page (http://rabbi.tk/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi) was shown.

What should i do .

-----

Thanks,

djbob

Wizard and byron - let me know if you're having trouble with the script. It should just be a single command via SSH.

Yep, it's a question of only copy-paste :)

sudo /root/python/cli/fix_corrupt_domain.py pf transferfiles.co.cc

sudo /root/python/cli/fix_corrupt_domain.py asptechs routereviews.com

sudo /root/python/cli/fix_corrupt_domain.py ironbox rabbi.tk

sudo /root/python/cli/fix_corrupt_domain.py ironbox vovz.tk

I went ahead and ran the script this time.

Everyone: Please wait until "Server Load" under "Service Status" in your cPanel is below 4, and then try adding the domain again once. You will have to wait 24 hours after adding your domain for it to become active.

• 2 weeks later...