[Closed] Addon Domain Issues

Ashoat

So the issue is someone else has claimed that they are the owner of the domain and registered the domain on heliohost for themselves. I don't know who has registered the domain, djbob will have to find that out.

Djbob, please help these people out, as they are getting a bit anxious.

Yes, but

1. a record for friendlytechninja.com exists in heliohost's nameservers

2. that domain is not pointed here

That means that someone else registered it, when it did not belong to them.

Are we talking about friendlytechninja.com? That domain's nameservers aren't pointed here.

Yes, but

1. a record for friendlytechninja.com exists in heliohost's nameservers

2. that domain is not pointed here

That means that someone else registered it, when it did not belong to them.

I guess I could confirm ownership of the domain by emailing the listed contacts. But does it really matter when the domain isn't even being used here?

I own the domain friendlytechninja.com it used to point to the helio name server however seeing as I didn't think I was going to get a response I switched them back the the default. If you go to www.friendlytechninja.com it's points to a blogger hosted site with nothing on it...but I'm much prefer to host it here if I could get the domain all setup and working.

So other than switching the nameserver back to the helio ones do I need to do anything to help fix the problem or is the rest on your end?

(PS. Merry Christmas to those people the celebrate it)

Well then it's already registered to you...

Okay...does that mean I'm just to ignore the error message "Error from park wrapper: friendlytechninja.com is already configured." and that it isn't listed in my added domains?

Assuming that nothing else is amiss I should in theory be able to drop an index.html file into the public_html/friendlytechninja.com/ directory and then when I go to friendlytechninja.com/index.html and I should be able to see that index.html page? If that is true...isn't not working for whatever reason.

Like if you need wipe my account or something to sort anything out feel free too.

FTN: wait 24 hrs, drop the "index.html" problem in your folder, then see if it works. The reason is that the server needs to restart before your domain will work, and it does that once per day.

PF4Public: Please point your domain to heliohost, wait 24 hrs, and see if it does not. If it does not, post back here and restate your problem, along with your heliohost username and domain name.

along with your heliohost username and domain name.

didn't I wrote them month ago?

1. pf

2. pf.heliohost.org

3. transferfiles.co.cc

" is already configured."

PF4Public: Please point your domain to heliohost, wait 24 hrs, and see if it does not.

Month has passed. It's about 730 hours.

Would nslookup be enough?

http://www.kloth.net/services/nslookup.php

... here is the nslookup result for transferfiles.co.cc from server ns1.heliohost.org, querytype=A : DNS server handling your query: ns1.heliohost.org

DNS server's address: 65.19.143.4#53

Non-authoritative answer:

*** Can't find transferfiles.co.cc: No answer

and in command line

>nslookup transferfiles.co.cc ns1.heliohost.org

*** Can't find server name for address 65.19.143.4: No information

Server: UnKnown

Address: 65.19.143.4

Name: transferfiles.co.cc

Served by:

- ns3.co.cc

co.cc

- ns4.co.cc

co.cc

- ns.co.cc

co.cc

- ns1.co.cc

co.cc

- ns2.co.cc

co.cc

Compared to working subdomain:

>nslookup pf.heliohost.org ns1.heliohost.org

*** Can't find server name for address 65.19.143.4: No information

Server: UnKnown

Address: 65.19.143.4

Name: pf.heliohost.org

Address: 216.218.192.170

If it says it's already configured but it's not working, you'll have to wait a bit for me to set up the scripts that broke two or three months ago. That's next on my to-do list, though, so it should be within the next few days.